Page 118 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Taken tonight at the AAM with my iPhone 4

A man an his plane. Fred Warner (L-39 plane captain) overlooks Scott Clyman (Buster) about to start in front of the AAM this evening.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I must have just missed you Fred. I got the Text from Chris & drove by on my way home to see if the P-3 was hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Taken tonight at the AAM with my iPhone 4

A man an his plane. Fred Warner (L-39 plane captain) overlooks Scott Clyman (Buster) about to start in front of the AAM this evening.
    Outstanding!
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Thanks for the kind words...I wish I had my SLR!

Hanging with a few friends at the AAM!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Someone having a party in the Talon Air hangar? Saw some trees in there and they were pumping in A/C.
    Talon has been known to throw special events in their hangar at least once a year, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Talon has been known to throw special events in their hangar at least once a year, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    Thanks. Wayne Huizengas 1988 G-IV with Miami Dolphin logo on the tail is (was?) sitting on the Sheltair pad. And got to see the L-39 do a take-off and low pass this afternoon on
    an absolutely beautiful day!!

And the NHL season started with Dallas in town to play the Isles tonite so we should expect to see a charter in for them. Wonder if they will leave tonite or bunk over since the
    Stars dont have another game until Thursday at home.

I saw it this morning, but there was a vehicle blocking it. I grabbed a couple of shots later, backlit, but I wanted to capture it. It's blocked on FlightAware, don't know if it is still in town.

Tonight there was the 10 year AAM BBQ and I was lucky enough to attend. I will be editing a great sunset on the ramp with lots of friends and can not wait to put them all up on my site. Here is one that struck my fancy

Wayne's bird is pretty sharp looking. I enjoy the G Jet more than his BBJ.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I saw it this morning, but there was a vehicle blocking it. I grabbed a couple of shots later, backlit, but I wanted to capture it. It's blocked on FlightAware, don't know if it is still in town.
    There are great pics of his BBJ on aerotoystore

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I saw it this morning, but there was a vehicle blocking it....
    I know exactly what you mean Moose... When I went, there were these cones in the way... and to move them I would have to put down my Coffee.... Notice there are cones in the picture?

The HDR was not needed...I just did not want to put anyone in the hospital by not doing one!

Word around the old aerodrome is that a Grumman E-2 Hawkeye will be in town this week. Scheduled to arrive Friday morning, October22, staying until Saturday afternoon/evening, as part of Grumman Family Day at the airport.
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomII View Post
    Word around the old aerodrome is that a Grumman E-2 Hawkeye will be in town this week. Scheduled to arrive Friday morning, October22, staying until Saturday afternoon/evening, as part of Grumman Family Day at the airport.
    Nice. Anything else associated with the Family Day?

Yeah, like maybe a Prowler or Growler too possibly ???