Page 117 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    The Good Year blimp is at FRG.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

N8767, a sweet looking B737-BBJ just arrived at Atlantic. Tail was blocked on the trackers, so had no clue it was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    N8767, a sweet looking B737-BBJ just arrived at Atlantic. Tail was blocked on the trackers, so had no clue it was coming.
    Apparently some sort of UN related VIP flight - it departed JFK, and we heard them vectored to FRG.

ETA: Here he is departing JFK:

Last edited by moose135; 2010-09-21 at 09:52 PM.

There was a flag attached to the inside of the front door. Unfamiliar to me, I'll have to try and do some research to find out who they were flying for.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    N8767 arrived JFK from MDSD/Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Is there an Olive Drab B-25 flying out of FRG this weekend? I was flying with my student in the south practice area today, exactly south of the RM Lighthouse when I saw an OD B-25 flying along the beach eastbound at 2000'. We were 500' above it and less than a half mile away. It had an emblem on the tail. I'm familiar with the AAM B-25 and it was definately not Miss Hap.

I wish I had a camera as I had a perfect view of it with the lighthouse in the background. It would have been an awesome shot!

According to the NJ Aviation Hall of Fame show flyer, they were scheduled to have a B-25 at their show at Teterboro this weekend. Perhaps that is what you saw? I don't know which B-25 was going to be at the show. The Yankee Air Force shows their B-17 is at the show, but not their B-25, and the Collins Foundation airplanes are all elsewhere this weekend. And since Jim and Dan were both at LGA with the AAM's C-47, I don't think Miss Hap was at TEB.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Left this afternoon at 12:45 kicking up dirt as it departed Runway 1-4

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    According to the NJ Aviation Hall of Fame show flyer, they were scheduled to have a B-25 at their show at Teterboro this weekend. Perhaps that is what you saw? I don't know which B-25 was going to be at the show. The Yankee Air Force shows their B-17 is at the show, but not their B-25, and the Collins Foundation airplanes are all elsewhere this weekend. And since Jim and Dan were both at LGA with the AAM's C-47, I don't think Miss Hap was at TEB.
    The B-25 at TEB had yellow tail tips. I didn't bother to look at the rest of it, but I'm fairly sure it was the AAM's one.

"Miss Hap" did return to The American Airpower Museum around 7:30PM Sunday night. Here is a shot after she landed. Not my best shot, sorry.

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Yeah Fred really! Not your best shot since you have all those women blocking our view of the plane! Sheesh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Is there an Olive Drab B-25 flying out of FRG this weekend? I was flying with my student in the south practice area today, exactly south of the RM Lighthouse when I saw an OD B-25 flying along the beach eastbound at 2000'. We were 500' above it and less than a half mile away. It had an emblem on the tail. I'm familiar with the AAM B-25 and it was definately not Miss Hap.

I wish I had a camera as I had a perfect view of it with the lighthouse in the background. It would have been an awesome shot!
    Turns out it was the Reading PA based MAAM's "Briefing Time". They were down at Millville NJ for a fly-in and were enroute to RI for a flyover of the SS John Brown. The Brown is a WW2 Liberty ship that does nostalgia cruises and features warbird fly-by's occasionaly. They returned to MIV around 3pm I'm told.

What a sight!

FYI- Figthing Falcon just let me know that a P-3 Orion is flying around FRG right now.
    Not sure if it is staying long at FRG so if anyone finds out more info please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI- Figthing Falcon just let me know that a P-3 Orion is flying around FRG right now.
    Not sure if it is staying long at FRG so if anyone finds out more info please let us know.
    I was told it did a few touch and goes and was gone by multiple people on the airfield and ...well.... Chris above my post! ;)

banged a few landing and then ran
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Someone having a party in the Talon Air hangar? Saw some trees in there and they were pumping in A/C.