Thread: No more Air France A380 to JFK?!

No more Air France A380 to JFK?!

Hello everyone, I need some help. Trying to plan a trip SEA-JFK-CDG-SEA in late fall/early winter. The routing is intended solely to knock off two aircraft types I've never been on. The A380 JFK-CDG and the A330 CDG-SEA.

However, while checking all the flights on Air France's website, after October 4, 2010, the A380 is not operating AFR6/7. It is shown as the 773 with none of the other CDG-JFK flight times having the 380.

Does anyone know where the A380 is going? Why is not showing up as operating this flight? Surely they are not planning on removing the aircraft from the route, is it only temporary for the winter schedule? Have they not updated the schedule for that far out with the A380?

If I cannot get on the A380 there is no reason for me to route this trip through NYC. I've checked the schedule on airfrance.us all the way out to March of 2011 and there still appears to be no A380 on the route.

What is going on?! I have searched the forums here and on a.net and have found no info. Hopefully I have not overlooked anything, but sorry if I have. I would ask this same question on a.net but I don't have forum posting access there, plus I like the forum people on this site better anyway. :D
    Any info would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Re: No more Air France A380 to JFK?!

A380 does not fly the route on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Try booking Oct 4th or 7th and you should find it. :-)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: No more Air France A380 to JFK?!

Wow, you are right, my mistake. Sorry to cause any panic, I was just getting very frustrated that I couldnt find it. Didn't realize I was only searching on those two specific days of the week. Thanks for fixing me, I feel dumb now. Recommend deleting this thread.