Thread: BOEING 787 coming soon to the West

BOEING 787 coming soon to the West

According to published sources, Chile's LAN Airlines has announced that it has agreed with Boeing to adjust the delivery of the first ten of its order for the 787 Dreamliner from 2014 to next year! The adjustment will mean, according to LAN, that it will be the first airline in the western hemisphere to receive the aircraft. The ten aircraft are part of LAN's order for a total of 32 787's, 26 of which will be bought directly from Boeing, with the remaining 6 on lease from ILFC. For JFK spotters, this is something to keep on our radar screen for 2011.
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Re: BOEING 787 coming soon to the West

For JFK spotters, this is something to keep on our radar screen for 2011.[/quote]

So doesnt that mean its coming to the EAST? :)

West, meaning western hemisphere.......

ANA, the launch customer, may not use it to NYC, since they use the 773's.
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I doubt you will see a 787 at JFK till 2012. ANA is probably going to go short routes with their first till the training and other stuff is out of the way.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    I doubt you will see a 787 at JFK till 2012. ANA is probably going to go short routes with their first till the training and other stuff is out of the way.
    DONT SAY THAT! 2011 is what we want to hear. :borat: The sooner the better.