Thread: Could your Laptop, MAC, PC be keeping you awake??

Could your Laptop, MAC, PC be keeping you awake??

The iPad, laptops and computers are compelling, making you stay awake longer than you normally would. But sleep researchers say their bright bluish backlights look a lot like broad daylight, and that might be fooling your body clock into thinking it's not time to sleep yet.

A CNN report mentioned an app for Macs and PCs (but unfortunately, not for iPad yet) called F. lux that aims to solve this problem. It gradually reduces the amount of blue light in your screen's backlight as dusk sets in, causing your screen to take on a weird-looking reddish tint. That's supposed to help you avoid resetting your body clock.

http://www.stereopsis.com/flux/
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Could your Laptop, MAC, PC be keeping you awake??

My body clock is so messed up as it is anyways from flying and traveling I'm not too concerned over whether or not my computer is "keeping me awake"...

Re: Could your Laptop, MAC, PC be keeping you awake??

Ok sure...and tv doesn't have that effect on people? C'mon, another federal grant spent in the wrong place. It has nothing to do with the fact people are drinking triple phunk-a-chino's over at Starbucks, and gallon size coffee's from 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts all day right?