Thread: How will we win the war on terror?

How will we win the war on terror?

Once again, as usual, mistakes and mistakes and more mistakes.....

http://news.newsmax.com/?ZKCvaNpjFC9DFr ... Kz3bzbfR1Z

Born in Pakistan in 1979, Shahzad was issued a student visa in Islamabad in December 1998, CIS’s Jessica Vaughan reports using information provided by a New York Times chronology.

But Shahzad “certainly failed to demonstrate that he had ‘sufficient academic preparation to pursue the intended course of study,’ as the regulations require, or at least they did in the 1990s when I was issuing (and refusing) student visas,” Vaughan writes.

Shahzad was applying as a transfer student, and his transcript from his correspondence studies with Southeastern University, “a now defunct fourth-rate academic program,” showed several Ds and an F, Vaughan notes in the CIS article headlined “Faisal Shahzad: So Easy, Anyone Can Do It.”

Shahzad also did not disclose how he planned to pay for his education, which is required. Yet he received the visa.

“What on earth was this consular officer thinking?” Vaughan asks. “Probably about how annoyed the embassy senior staff might be if Shahzad’s father, supposedly a prominent military officer, complained about a visa refusal.”

In 2000, Shahzad graduated from the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut with a degree in computer science and engineering. He reportedly had received a grant of $6,700 from the school to help cover his tuition.

In 2001, he began working for a temporary staffing agency, even though he had only a student visa, which does not include permission to work.

Shahzad was issued an H-1B visa for skilled workers in April 2002, and began working for the Elizabeth Arden cosmetics company in a low-level accounting job.

In 2004, he married Huma Anif Mian, a U.S. citizen. Her neighbors told reporters that Shahzad visited her in Colorado only once before she married him.

That same year, he came under scrutiny from the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), which investigates cases related to national security. But no information has been released explaining why the agency was interested in Shahzad, according to Vaughan.

Shahzad received permanent resident status — a green card — in January 2006 because he had wed an American citizen.

“Marriage to a U.S. citizen is one of the easiest and most popular ways for illegal aliens (and terrorists) to obtain a green card,” Vaughan writes.

Shahzad applied for U.S. citizenship in October 2008, and despite the JTTF probe, he was sworn in on April 1, 2009 — although he did not give up his Pakistani passport.

He left for Pakistan in June 2009, and has said he visited the tribal regions of the country where he received training at a terrorist camp.

Shahzad returned to the U.S. in February of this year, and on May 1, attempted to set off a car bomb in Times Square.

Vaughan concludes that unless policymakers move to close the openings that Shahzad exploited, “they offer a sobering guarantee of job security for counter-terrorism and security personnel for the foreseeable future.”
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: How will we win the war on terror?

I have an idea for a Tshirt.

"How about less time hassling photographers and more time tracking and catching terrorists?"
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: How will we win the war on terror?

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I have an idea for a Tshirt.

"How about less time hassling photographers and more time tracking and catching terrorists?"
    I like this one better:
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    :borat: Nice :borat: but this is more my speed!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)