Thread: Delta Repositioning the A330 DTW-JFK 7JUN

Delta Repositioning the A330 DTW-JFK 7JUN

Hey All--

I know JFK has seen the Delta A330 before so nothing new there. However on June 7th, Delta will be flying the Airbus A330-300 DTW-JFK June 7th to repo it for the new wave of international flights/upgrades out of JFK for Summer schedule.

The flight is Delta 632, Depart DTW at 12:10pm, Arrive into JFK at 1:25pm.

I will be riding in on it, as this my chance to ride another Airbus Widebody domestically, with exception to HNL, too far/costly.

Is this the first time JFK has gotten a domestic airbus widebody flight from NW/DL?

Again, not a huge deal to you folks but for someone like me I can't wait to ride the A330-300!!!

Flights are bookable on www.delta.com if anyone does want to go to DTW and ride on it into JFK.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Re: Delta Repositioning the A330 DTW-JFK 7JUN

Hey Alex-

First of all, congrats on the domestic A330 ride, should be pretty sweet! DL has daily repositioning of widebodies domestically. They send a daily 767-300ER ATL-JFK and JFK-ATL to swap ships for maintenance. They are also running a 777-200ER back and forth once or twice a week. I am flying DL190 (777) tomorrow ATL-JFK and got upgraded to BE, so I am pumped!

I would also keep a look out for 744 repositions to JFK as well, since they will be upguaging NRT and TLV to the 744 this summer, though not sure if these will repo via NRT or not.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Oh Sweet!!!

I think I'll stay in the back cause I want to videotape the landing and such for the wings on the A330.

I am doing STL-DTW DC-9-40, DTW-JFK A333 JFK-MSP A319 and MSP-STL E175.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for a possible 747 swap/repo too but it could be via NRT too.

Edit--

June 1st ATL-JFK has the 747-400 Flight 8808 9am arrives at 11:30am

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Edit--

June 1st ATL-JFK has the 747-400 Flight 8808 9am arrives at 11:30am

Alex
    Wow!!! :D :D :D It's been almost 20 years since I've been on a 747. Looks like I would have to fly down the night before though. But WOW!!!
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!