Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your most MAGICAL AIRSHOW MOMENT

Your most MAGICAL AIRSHOW MOMENT

We all have stories, but sometimes a story sticks out and gives you butterfly's every time you thing of it. This is about the moments that when they cross your mind you smile the biggest smile and if fails in comparison to how you feel on the inside. I have had quite a few of these moments and want to hear about yours. This is not about every story, just the best. Post only one story a day and lets all feel the upcoming air show. Let others feel the joy that we all have had. From A Blue Angel parting my hair to a Mig doing a flyby in front of a thousand people but doing it only for me, I have had my share of moments but will only leave this thread today with one picture.

What your story?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Re: Your most MAGICAL AIRSHOW MOMENT

Being out in a boat in Pensacola Bay, Florida with no crowds, swimming in the water next to the boat and having the Blue Angels do an airshow and pass what seemed like 50 feet overhead!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

getting paid to kick back and relax and pass gas (pump fuel) at Salinas every year...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

My best moment was when I got to meet the Red Arrows and they allowed me to get up close to their planes.

This thread is really getting me pumped for airshow week.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Pumping Gas and getting a buzzed from below sea level....good stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    My best moment was when I got to meet the Red Arrows and they allowed me to get up close to their planes.......
    Yes, good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    This thread is really getting me pumped for airshow week.
    EXCELLENT! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

The Red Arrows were fantastic people. But man were they crazy in the skies.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

oh, forgot to mention... knowing ALL of team oracle and getting the chance to spend time with the team away from the airshow madness, being a welcome guest at their hangar and being one of the few folks allowed to actually pump gas into the biplane.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Many years ago when I still lived in Cape Town - the Red Arrows doing a show over the Cape Town Waterfront with Table Mountain in the background - a perfect day - an awesome show.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Matt.... Defineately hung with Tucker and gang last year and did it away from the show after "Viper East"... Seriously though... Do not know the name of the guy who flies the RedBull mig but I came within centermiters of motoboating his wife in advertantly last year while walking into Shipley's tour bus while she was walking out. Shouldnt spent soo much time with my head in a blackberry.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Matt.... Defineately hung with Tucker and gang last year and did it away from the show after "Viper East"... Seriously though... Do not know the name of the guy who flies the RedBull mig but I came within centermiters of motoboating his wife in advertantly last year while walking into Shipley's tour bus while she was walking out. Shouldnt spent soo much time with my head in a blackberry.
    Mine was when you got kicked out of Shelt Air ;) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Sorry just had to take the shot ;)

[/quote]Mine was when you got kicked out of Shelt Air ;) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Sorry just had to take the shot ;)[/quote]

Guess i wasn't the only one!!!!!

I was waiting for that part to come out from you. LOLOL Viper East baby! Hahahaha
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

2007 Jones Beach Airshow

I am in the old control tower and the practice is about to begin, I need to go to work and I am crying on the inside as I am flying down the stairs of the old control tower hitting every third step. I get to the bottom and my friend Henny has the Jeep and I hop in. I yell to go or we will get stuck and that is when the rush hour traffic appeared. A Fokker pulls out right in front of us and cut us off! I wanted to flip them off but figured since everyone in the Fokkin airplane could kill me with their pinkie, I should let the best jump team in the world go first with no lip. Those guys were in this
    (The only shot that was not from that experience)

So then Ed Hamill pulls in front of me and I start to settle in realizing that I am now going to be late to work. I happen to see a few people pointing behind me and then I see Sean Tucker behind me putting on his chute, kicking me a smile

and hop into his little red biplane

Starts up and YEP, CUTS OFF A NEW YORKER!

I was about to go ape on him but decided to settle back in the seat because the Fokkin Fokkers in the big 27 were still sitting there just to piss me off. It was about this time when I realized that I had my 70-300 lens on and I had Sean Tucker in front of me wiggling his rudder in my face as if he was flipping me off without straining to open the Canopy to give me the finger. Now I have a big BIG fan on a little red biplane kicking up every bug and piece of sand and throwing it at me while I sit in the truck waiting for these pinkie killers to get clearance.

It was then when I realized what just happened

I was stuck behind an airshow waiting to happen. I jumped up and realized that I could not possible get it all in one frame, IT WAS AWESOME, they are waiting to turn on to active and I am stuck right behind an airshow...STUCK

I smiled so hard that I hurt muscles in my face.... Seriously felt my cheeks hurt at work that night! I knew I could not take a picture of the entire situation so I started shooting a panorama of the situation. I got off about 50 shots and then I shot these two
    Left picture

Right picture
    [img]http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/Aviation/2007-Jones-Beach-Airshow/IMG4105/160238075_P***q-L-1.jpg[/img]

Getting cut off was a moment of pure joy.

If Henny was not so slow to start that Jeep I would have actually have made it to work on time....and I would never remember one of the greatest airshow experiences I have ever had!

Thank you Henny

I was at Coney Island beach about 20 years ago when suddenly a Harrier jet appeared out of nowhere and suddenly hovered right over the beach. It was unforgettable. Swells formed over the ocean and the sand begun to fly all-over. Things were flying all over the place (beach umbrellas, towels, sheets, etc). The aircraft performed several maneuvers that were amazing. I believe it was part of an airshow which used to visit Coney Island every summer but then stopped because sponsors could not be found. While the Blue Angels, Golden Knights and the Thunderbirds also performed at other shows, the Harrier was the most amazing.