Thread: Crumpler Camera Bags

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Crumpler Camera Bags

anyone here use Crumpler bags? i've been searching for eons now for a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag and one that is more comfortable to wear than a super-rigid backpack or shoulder bag. i've pretty much decided to make the trip to B&H tomorrow to sell my current bag and pick up one of these:

the reason i want a messenger instead of a backpack is that i almost always am wearing a camelbak to carry water and other essentials, thus eliminating the ability to wear a backpack with my photo equip. and with only two lenses and a few other nicknacks i think that messenger ought to provide ample room.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Crumpler Camera Bags

I, too, prefer a camera bag with a shoulder strap versus a backpack style. I like something I can use like a sling and bring forward and send backward when I need something without having to remove it from my body. Backpacks are not as good when you need to do a quick swap of battery, card or lens. You need to stop and do a full pit stop.

As for Crumpler specifically, I'm not familiar with them.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

When I get a bag I alway judge it by "can I walk thru a B-17?" Thats just me tho!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Crumpler has an annual "beer for bags" promotion at their store downtown. Not sure when it is this year, but you bring them beer and they give you a bag.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Crumpler has an annual "beer for bags" promotion at their store downtown. Not sure when it is this year, but you bring them beer and they give you a bag.
    NICE! where's the store located? is the amount of beer you bring proportional to the type of bag you receive?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

It's on Spring Street in SoHo. They had a list of how many beers you'd need for each bag, the most expensive was like two 24 packs, which probably rings up to less than half of what the bag would normally cost. I don't think it included all their bags, though.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

no beer... a few clams though.

Sweet.

Just my two cents, I have a seven million dollar home bag, and I have no complaints about it. I prefer it, because when in large crowds for some events, its nice to know that most people dont think its a camera bag. Plus the brand isnt yet known for being a camera bag, where as Lowepro is.