Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Bull Air Race NY - June 19-20, Tickets On Sale Now

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: Red Bull Air Race NY - June 19-20, Tickets On Sale Now

Ah, I understand. Also if you read the fine print, kids are required to sit on the parent's lap. I think thats kind of hard with a 1 & 3 year old.

Also the following networks will broadcast the race:

2:00PM - MSGPH 717(Cablevision) WNYW 5(Cablevision)
    If you do not have Cablevision and you would like to find out which channels will broadcast the race click here.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Australia’s race pilot, Matt Hall will not compete in New York
    Posted by Flightline UK on June 16, 2010

NEW YORK – Following the Red Bull Air Race investigation into Australian pilot Matt Hall’s aviation mishap in Windsor last week, the Race Committee have imposed sanctions resulting in Hall not being permitted to compete in New York.

As part of the standard aviation operating procedures, the Red Bull Air Race’s Technical Director, the Race Director and the Sporting Medical Director were required to investigate the June 5 incident in which Hall’s race plane splashed off the surface of the Detroit River. This incident followed a sequence of earlier events which were also taken into consideration including a wing stall in Perth and disqualification in Rio for dangerous flying.

Hall was not hurt in the incident in Windsor; however, his MXS-R race plane sustained minor damage to an aileron and landing gear wheel cover, when its wing and landing gear skimmed off the surface of the Detroit River during a Qualifying session run. Hall was disqualified from the Qualifying session.

Following the investigation, a recommendation was made to the Race Committee including sanctions as well as a formal proposal to ensure Hall’s safe return to the Championship.

The Race Committee has approved the recommendations including sanctions preventing him from competing in Championship round in New York. Hall will, however, be permitted to participate in a step down training program in New York as part of the process to return him to full competition status.

The former Royal Australian Air Force fighter pilot, who was the most successful rookie in Red Bull Air Race history last year with third place overall, did not take part in the June 6 race in Windsor. Hall, 38, is currently in fifth place in the world championship with 22 points from four races.
    What a shame. I really like this "rookie". I hope for his safe return back to full competition status.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

[quote="mirrodie"][I just can't see myself paying good money to bring my kids at this age. Not fair to us to bring them and have to chase the 1 and 3 yr old and not be able to pay attention skyward. And we were going to spring for the mid range seats too in Race Club but not worth it if paying too much mind to the kidlings.

Totally understand. Been there. But it is Fathers Day weekend and a really nice gift to you would be to have the
    Missus WATCH the kinder and YOU go to the races. 8)
    Me, On Saturday I'll be on Governors Island with some buddys figuring out how many 4 ounce glasses I can consume
    in 5 hours.
    Then Sunday flying down to Boca to visit my oldest son. One of the reasons I have a 10:45AM flight as opposed to a
    early bird flight is, well, see the above sentence relating to Saturday!! :lol: :lol:

Time to get excited!

This would be way cooler if Columbus Circle was actually part of the course.

There is also a Red Bull Race Simulator at 51st and Broadway staffed by some Red Bull models if you want to go check it out.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Time to get excited!

This would be way cooler if Columbus Circle was actually part of the course.

There is also a Red Bull Race Simulator at 51st and Broadway staffed by some Red Bull models if you want to go check it out.
    There are a bunch of these by Penn Station on 7Ave and across from Macys on 6th Ave. Lots of media blitz also for this
    race which is pretty cool.
    BTW I would guess they will be using aerial cameras also in the coverage. Does anyone know who will be flying? I see
    FOX is broadcasting so maybe they will be utilizing SkyFox?

I can't wait for Sunday. I saw the AD at Columbus Circle yesterday as well. I purchased my tickets for the South Standing Area. Hope to meet some of you guys at the race!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    BTW I would guess they will be using aerial cameras also in the coverage. Does anyone know who will be flying? I see
    I don't think there will be any media flying their own helicopter to cover the race. Red Bull Air Race has their own chase helicopter, a MBB Bo 105 (HB-ZJF) piloted by Jürg Fleischmann.

Pictures from Wednesday's training run. I was at Liberty state Park a little after 3PM and was able to capture some actions.

The air gates. No, the pilots did not pass through these air gates during Wednesday's training run.

The Red Bull Air Race helicopter.

Pictures from today. I was there at around 11AM, however, there was no training run today due to high wind. :x
    Air gates before they were totally deflated :(

Getting ready for the big event.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavefront
    I was there at around 11AM, however, there was no training run today due to high wind. :x
    I was on Ellis Island for the morning and early afternoon, in hopes that the winds would cease. I felt like I was back in Brookhaven trying to photograph that damned balloon festival.... "Oh, look! The (balloons/pylons) are inflating! They're going to....oh, wait, they're being deflated again. What's that? Nothing is going to fly today? $&!@"
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

From LDJ Today, The BO105 HB-ZJF is the TV ship

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan
    I was there at around 11AM, however, there was no training run today due to high wind. :x
    I was on Ellis Island for the morning and early afternoon, in hopes that the winds would cease. I felt like I was back in Brookhaven trying to photograph that damned balloon festival.... "Oh, look! The (balloons/pylons) are inflating! They're going to....oh, wait, they're being deflated again. What's that? Nothing is going to fly today? $&!@"
    I heard it was way too windy to practice today.

Great photo's from all!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    I don't think there will be any media flying their own helicopter to cover the race. Red Bull Air Race has their own chase helicopter, a MBB Bo 105 (HB-ZJF) piloted by Jürg Fleischmann.

Now thats very cool. Thanks.

[quote="njgtr82"]From LDJ Today, The BO105 HB-ZJF is the TV ship

That is a wonderful shot and a beautiful helicopter. :D
    Once again our people here come through with the info and the pics.

NEW YORK - Red Bull Air Race fans are invited to the Race Airport at Linden, New Jersey, to meet and greet the world championship pilots in a Public Pit Lane Walk on Saturday evening ahead of Sunday’s event.

The pilots and their planes will be at their hangars between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. to meet friends and fans alike -- and sign autographs. Fans are advised to get in early to secure their vehicle passes from the Red Bull Air Race Liberty State Park box office as parking at the Linden Race Airport is strictly limited.

The traditional Public Pit Lane Walk before each race is not only hugely popular with Red Bull Air Race fans; the teams also look forward to feeding off the energy and enthusiasm of the big crowds that come out to the Race Airport to see the pilots and their planes up close.

“You come to an air race in some countries and the people are just so excited and accepting of the race and just really thrilled,” said American pilot Michael Goulian, who said he looks forward to the Public Pit Lane Walk at every race. “You can already feel the electricity in the air. It makes me really excited to fly,” added Goulian, who is hoping for a big crowd of fans coming down from his home state of Massachusetts to cheer his team on.

The lines to meet some of the most popular pilots can stretch back for hundreds of yards -- especially the home town racers. There is a friendly rivalry among the pilots to get the longest line. "If you want to get a picture, make it snappy!" is the traditional line from Red Bull Air Race Pit Lane Walk MC Barry Nutley at the more popular pit lane walks.

Access to the Public Pit Lane Walk is free, however parking is restricted and requires the purchase of a vehicle pass to park at the Linden Airport.

Vehicle passes are available for purchase at the box offices located at Liberty State Park for $10 USD. Vehicle passes are limited and subject to availability. Guests coming by public transportation do not need any access ticket.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Satell ... efmodpos=7

I should be there tomorrow morning on Ellis Island... anyone else going tomorrow?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I've setup my online scanner to stream the Air Race (I hope)

Hopefully, we can hear some action from my location.... but it is a long shot!

The special feed is setup and ready to go online at 8am Saturday morning and will run until Sunday Night.

Please let me know if you hear anything on the feed. It will be under the "special" feed. My website is in my signature!
    Thanks Falcon_51 for Requesting this and for the frequencies.
    I've posted what I will be streaming here: http://www.w2lie.net/e107_plugins/forum ... c.php?7128

Enjoy!
    73 - Phil / w2lie
    http://www.w2lie.net
    Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums (Air Show Scanner feed is on the "Special" Stream!)