Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bottom Toolbar: Let Us Know What You Think

Re: New Bottom Toolbar: Let Us Know What You Think

At first I thought I downloaded some type of browser toolbar by mistake. I guess it doesn't bother me, you can always hide it. As long as NYCAviation doesn't do a Youtube type change I won't complain :)

I don't mind it at all - at work where I have a large screen with a large resolution, it's at the bottom and I can hardly see it. At home where it's only my laptop screen, I have it minimized until I need it.

I will add - on Goggle Chrome, I have not seen any performance issues with the forums loading at all - it's as normal.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I have Noscript though, so it's all good.

Tool bar is ok... not a problem for me... but I really don't like that option: "Click Here to Share" when u have arrow over the picture....
    Living The Dream...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparypa
    but I really don't like that option: "Click Here to Share" when u have arrow over the picture....
    +1, also the site takes forever to load on my iphone now so its not even worth trying

This will be one of the few times I will voice my opinion.
    That bar just representative of ever growing internet garbage that has been plaguing the internet after the "Facebook and Javascript and revolutions"

As Kenny said...JAVA SCRIP SAYS NO!!...and on my PCs here at home that means NO! BLOCKED!
    There's a reason for that NYCA.

I suggest removing the bar and whatever that other "image share thing" that shows up when I move my mouse over every image on the site. Let me brows the site freely withing having to be subjected to moving, scrolling and useless gimmicks and perceived "COOL features"

On my PCs, its BLOCKED just like the ads, and flash and even animated gifs. I didn't even know it was there until I accidentally turned off the blockers. I find it to be intrusive, annoying, distracting and useless.
    One of my general rules is that I do not use sites that participate excessive use of java and other animated embedded "creative site structure" and over all just general junk. I don't want NYCA to be come one of those.

The internet Bandwagon: Get off of it.

Senga

Whether feedback is good or bad, I really appreciate feedback from people. As we move forward with various features and such, we need this feedback, as we of course want our friends to be pleased.

The bar will be removed! Thanks again for the thoughts!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I really did not see it as something I would use but the work it took to make that must have been quite a few hours! I applaud you for trying to make the site better! BRAVO to your efforts and this is why this site will continue to be the best site on the internet! Thank you very much :borat:

BTW, is there going to be any more emoticons as I have way to many split personalities to limit myself to 20 feelings :mrgreen:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Thank you, Derf! You will have to stay tuned to see what is in store. :D :) :shock: :o :borat: :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Thank you, Derf! You will have to stay tuned to see what is in store. :D :) :shock: :o :borat: :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Now this was Very Well Written (insert Clapping emoticon!)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

[quote="Metal484"]At first I thought I downloaded some type of browser toolbar by mistake.

LOL I thought the same thing like WTF is this?

Thanks for the input, guys. The bar is gone now.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9