Thread: Headset repair

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Headset repair

so i pulled out my airplane headset, one of these:

the other day and noticed battery acid leaking from the battery pack. is there anywhere on the island that repairs headsets?
    mine is the original one, that doesn't have the detachable battery pack. in all honesty i'd be happy if i could get the pack chopped off and cord shortened.

i guess all this means i really should fly airplanes more often.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Headset repair

OR Go get a pair of BOSE.... Best there is! Way more comfortable than David Clarks
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Or get a pair of Telex!

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Or get a pair of Telex!
    no way... i've had the same helo headset for close to 10 years now. my airplane headset is younger though.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I have my Davey's, altho I haven't worn them much since they moved me off the flightline. Whats the diff between a helo and fixed wing headset?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I have my Davey's, altho I haven't worn them much since they moved me off the flightline. Whats the diff between a helo and fixed wing headset?
    the plug and the cord. airplanes are two-pronged and straight corded, about 4ft long. helo is a coil cord with a single plug and only about 2 ft.

I do not like Telex headsets. I used to have one and than I also had them at work and I constantly had problems with the mic's on them. Matt will probably attest to that too. I think he had a Telex set at work too.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

DC from what I recall has tremendous customer service....they gave my dad a brand new headset because he had a mic issue. I'd call them first.

Also, if the battery was leaking before it's expiration date, call the battery manufacturer. I had a battery leak acid into one of my pocket wizards so I looked on the energizer web site and they have a customer service program whereby you can send back the defective battery and any affected products you have. It is then their option to repair or replace the battery and your property. Obviously they do not repair your property, rather they will take care of it with the manufacturer.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I do not like Telex headsets. I used to have one and than I also had them at work and I constantly had problems with the mic's on them. Matt will probably attest to that too. I think he had a Telex set at work too.
    There are pros and cons with the Telex. I like the Telex because we don't have to use interphone for all communication and can just talk normally in the cockpit, but I feel like I hear things better and come across more clearly on the David Clarks...

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory
    DC from what I recall has tremendous customer service....they gave my dad a brand new headset because he had a mic issue. I'd call them first.
    emailed them about it, just need to mail the headset out now.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    There are pros and cons with the Telex. I like the Telex because we don't have to use interphone for all communication and can just talk normally in the cockpit, but I feel like I hear things better and come across more clearly on the David Clarks...
    i'm just more used to and more comfortable even talking with the other pilot via the intercom. i don't remember who built the radio compnents of the HGU-56/P helmets we used to wear but david clarks are much more comfortable and just as reliable.