Thread: LGA Runway 22 ops likely this weekend.

LGA Runway 22 ops likely this weekend.

The Port is closing LGA Runway 13-31 from 2200L tonight April 30 till 1200N on Sunday May 2. Based on forecasted winds Runway 22 ops are likely, for anyone wanting to take advantage of the photo ops and Summer temps.

Cheers

LGA777

Re: LGA Runway 22 ops likely this weekend.

Well because of NE winds LGA ended up and down 4 until around 1550, was anyone their? Hoping somebody got shots of the first Frontier (Republic) E-190 and the AA 767-300 with winglets that both visited this morning ?

Cheers

LGA777

yeah i'll post on behalf of the chump....sergio caught both. can't wait to see the shots
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Cool was hoping somebody got shots. The E-190 was unveiled in MKE Thursday and while their are photos on the internet from inside the hangar in MKE, but their are no shots yet on JP or A.net. so if Sergio's shots are good, they could become very heavy hit generators. Sergio posts your shots when you can.

A DL 763 arrived this afternoon, and taxied out for departure on 22, but it returned to the gate for MTC and cancelled. DL Ops says tententive departure time is 0700 Sunday morning !

Cheers

LGA777

22 was used for departure until around 9AM and again after 4PM, the sun was perfect and some of the turns were quite spectacular. Too bad I had to work today and was only able to watch them from a distance.

I caught the DL 763 arriving, a bit top-lit unfortunately.

I was pretty excited to see it depart 22, saw it taxi to the departure queue right on time and then...

Taxied back to the terminal about 10 mins after turning around. :cry:

It was still parked at Delta terminal as of around 8pm Sunday, not sure if it departed since then.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Nice shots Matt. Around 2130L Sunday night it went out for a MTC run-up, when I left about 2210L it had not returned yet.

LGA777

NLovis

Ug 4 ops. I need them to ops on 4 on my days off so I can have range.