Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: United, Continental Expected to Announce Merger Monday

Re: United, Continental Expected to Announce Merger Monday

The Continental logo will probably disappear after quite a long period. Since most of my spotting is done at JFK, I will notice no difference but my spotting at LGA would be affected. I also wonder about all the events sponsored by Continental in the NY Metro Area. Will the sponsorship terminate? Continental sponsors the US Open, the NYC Marathon and numerous other local events. What would happen to this sponsorship after the merger? As I have often posted, "another one bites the dust".

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T

Alex
    Alex you beat me to it. I was just about the post a similar picture. That livery just looks and feels all kinds of wrong.

A little confused, it they where planning to keep the UA brand, then why the CO scheme? While I don't hate the current CO scheme, I really like United's, and presumed it would have been the surviving scheme.

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/ ... r_logo.jpg

I feel strongly CO has the far better and more respected product and management though personally I am disappointed in the new combined scheme.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    A little confused, it they where planning to keep the UA brand, then why the CO scheme? While I don't hate the current CO scheme, I really like United's, and presumed it would have been the surviving scheme.

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/

http://www.unitedcontinentalmerger.com/ ... r_logo.jpg

I feel strongly CO has the far better and more respected product and management though personally I am disappointed in the new combined scheme.

Cheers

LGA777
    I didn't think that was real at first...wow talk about ugly and unimaginative... Certainly makes it easier to repairt the CO fleet in no time.

Doesn't make any sense. If they're going to keep the United brand, keep the WHOLE brand. From a strictly aesthetic angle, the United name and colors are far superior to Continental's name and colors.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

yeaaaaaa. That scheme doesnt work for united at all. It just seems wrong.

The font doesnt got well with the rest of the paint job. It is a poor photshop job haha. I will be excited to again see 747's with the Continental globe on the tail though. It shall also be intresting to see the Babybus in CO colors. Never thought I would see another Airbus in CO colors after the canned the A340 order.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

So Neil Cavuto on Fox News has some airline expert on and is interviewing him and to the right of their discussion are generic airline/aviation stock videos being cycled through.. About 2 minutes into the interview the video was of a KC-135 that looked like it had just taken off! FAIL...

CT had the cleaner planes for the picture.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

For those who work or who have worked in the senority is everything airline industry I think you will really appreciate the below piece I found on a thread on another site about UA and CO FA senority.

I was non reving on a flight from DEN to IAD and was talking to a fellow coworker who is a FA & was nonreving to work ...She lived in DEN, and had just switched from being SFO based to IAD based...She has 46 years...at IAD she is # 53, at SFO she was #294...that gives you an idea of UA's FA seniority...Dont forget they have very senior EX PanAm Fa's at SFO, HNL, and LHR...

So this woman was likely hired in 1964, back then airlines probably hired "Stewardesses" as young as 18 with age 20-21 probably being typical.

Amazing

LGA777

FWIW- I hate it. Another great pioneering American legacy carrier vanquished.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingColors
    FWIW- I hate it. Another great pioneering American legacy carrier vanquished.
    As they say nothing lasts forever. Its tome for new airlines to become legacy carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    As they say nothing lasts forever. Its tome for new airlines to become legacy carriers.
    :?: :?: :?:

How can a new airline become a legacy?

Yes folks, I did just open that can of worms.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    :?: :?: :?:

How can a new airline become a legacy?

Yes folks, I did just open that can of worms.
    Well aside i didnt catch my spelling error I personally think we have 2 canidates. Jetblue and SWA. We all know JB already has a legacy in its short time. SWA is trickier if you ask me.