Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boycott Arizona Ice Tea

Re: Boycott Arizona Ice Tea

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Odd that no one seems to realize that authorities can stop you for immigration questioning ANYWHERE WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE BORDER.

It's not just "foreign looking" people who get harassed in these areas...Border patrol and sometimes local police departments in Arizona and even in Upstate New York DO THIS ALREADY, and they stop EVERYBODY, not just brown people.

Yep. My house in Del Rio, Texas was 8 miles from the Mexican border. Between 30-60 miles into the US, on every road leading out of border towns from Mexico, you pass through a border checkpoint run by U.S. border patrol. Everyone stops and they ask you if you're an American citizen and your car is swept by a drug dog.

What most people don't realize is that Border Patrol's primary mission isn't to protect the U.S. border from Illegals, it's really to prevent the influx of illegal narcotics into the U.S.. The reason there is so much violence and so many problems doesn't really stem from illegals making it into the U.S. looking to perform honest work and start a better life. It stems from illegals who are criminals in Mexico, coming over illegally and continuing their illegal acts in the U.S. whether it be drugs, murder, sexual assaults etc.. I can't tell you of how many stories I heard of in my year living on the border we heard of murders, robbery, assault being linked back to drugs. There was a weigh station approximately a mile from the main gate of an Air Force base and 1/2 a mile from a prison and police station, that had been operating as a front for a Mexican drug cartel for several years before it was eventually found out and shut down. The Mexican drug cartels don't care - they are all about making quick money and keeping the flow going and will use pawns to accomplish this even if the probability of them getting caught is high.

I know a lot of people who have been pulled over for no reason by border patrol because they were deemed suspicious (mind you these include white, blond hair girls). I was pulled over twice once for going 4MPH over the speedlimit, once for 10 over and wasn't given a ticket and was told the reason that I was pulled over wasn't because I was speeding but because they were looking for drugs.

This is what the people in border towns and the people in Arizona have been dealing with for years and it has gotten significantly worse in the last few years. I think quite frankly they are fed up with this, which is why a lot of "Arizonians" are supporting the law, and why a lot of Americans who live near border towns understand and support the law. It's not that they want to infringe on peoples' constitutional rights, it's that they are so fed up with the majority of crime being committed by illegals, that the only solution is to skirt the line to try and achieve results...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Bush didn't do anything either
    This isn't true Bush worked with both sides to come up with probably the best solution which included not amnesty but illegals already here getting temporary status as long as they were working and more money for border security and 6000 national guardsmen to patrol the border and guess what a Dem controlled congress said no.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Why Boycott a company that manufactures products in Lake Success, NY? Look on the lower back side of a gallon bottle of Arizona Iced Tea. Only says Arizona in the brand...
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Why Boycott a company that manufactures products in Lake Success, NY? Look on the lower back side of a gallon bottle of Arizona Iced Tea. Only says Arizona in the brand...
    EXACTLY! only shows how shallow and ignorant most of this country is. i am proud to say i support that company, they make better tasting iced tea than snapple and you get more for less. a 24oz can costs $1. who said the dollar is weak these days?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

<http://www.indypressny.org/nycma/voices/126/news/news_3/>

Illegal immigration has been affected even us on LI for years. I didnt realize that I was dealing with 2 illegal immigrants, servants that were used by a Turkish mob ring, until they cracked down and sent over 80 people back to Turkey. That was over 5 years ago.

a 24oz can costs $1. who said the dollar is weak these days?