Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SWA introduces Florida One!

Re: SWA introduces Florida One!

Still much better than California one...

It looks great in person, the colors on the design are very contrasty, just there's a little too much white on the rear. I didn't like it too much at first sight but already grew on me lol...

Here's a shot I edited for my friend Ozell Stephens, that should have been at JP since about 1pm but thanks to the genius rule at JP (despite all the crap subjects and bad lit shots that site takes) apparently don't allow uploads over 1024 (file is 1080 pxls) if one hasn't yet proved the "skill necessary to upload over 1024" and don't have enough uploads yet. Despite sending the appeal message the photo doesn't even show up in his queue.

Here she is guys. Thanks to Mark for the heads up!

ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Not a big fan of the scheme, it's nice WN has given us something new but it seems incomplete and quickly put together and not thought out.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    I agree! Who designed that? It looks terrible!
    I believe it's based on the state flag of Florida. So, that's who designed it.
    Haha, yea I know that but I mean who decided what it'd look like on the plane? I feel like someone could have used the state seal but still incorporated it into a good looking artsy piece...

Nice Matt!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

JP appeal thing didn't work, my buddy didn't get email and photo never got in the queue. Just went ahead and resized it.. this time they took it within 5 seconds lol

Mark were you guys able to get any departing shots at FLL? There's usually a ton of people there, even with the sun already high. I tried getting a departure shot at KMCO (very difficult) and missed it by about a minute. MCO's perimeter is too huge, couldn't get to the spot in time.

On arrival, I ran to get closer to the runway but the heat, haze, nervousness :mrgreen: AND not having IS all killed me. At least is a plane I don't have to worry about again (darn Shamus, see it all the time but keeps evading me). Personally like that this scheme is artsy. Maryland one reminds me of a clown or Checkers fast food. California one's bear looks like it came out of a 1988 Nintendo game, or got electrocuted. Personally I'm just happy to see a plane I like these days.

Talk about overkill... here's mine! :lol:

I had to run back to the office before she left unfortunately otherwise I would have been there still when she left - I'm pretty sure that Matt's shot is a taxiing out shot - I would have loved to have got it at the end of the taxiway - another day maybe!

I still have to get Illinois One - the only one I haven't got darn it!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence
    I had to run back to the office before she left unfortunately otherwise I would have been there still when she left - I'm pretty sure that Matt's shot is a taxiing out shot - I would have loved to have got it at the end of the taxiway - another day maybe!

For some reason it comes to PHX a LOT, I have been in PHX 3 times, and it is there every single time, and today I found out it was in PHX again too, maybe you oughta fly out there and grab her! Hahahaa

It is a sweet bird, being from illinois I am very biased towards it LOVE IT!!!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence

Thought you'd catch it at PBI. Illinois is the other one I don't have. But never getting Shamu after so many years is too weird. If I was superstitious I'd say I was cursed!

Seen it on approach at FLL when I've been driving home - never seen it at PBI unfortunately.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

SATURDAY APRIL 24TH SCHEDULE
    flt 1631 DAL-OKC 0720-0810
    flt 1631 OKC-BWI 0830-1220
    flt 1631 BWI-FLL 1250-1530
    flt 2095 FLL-BNA 1605-1735 (aircraft terminates in BNA)

Making a return back to FLL today. As always subject to change, thanks to another WN Employee for the information!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Is there a way to track "Florida One" N945WN from a website besides Flightaware? Would love to know what cities it will be visiting in the next three weeks, thanks B77WYYZ

Alex T, good work for posting the schedule for those who want to catch it, thanks man.

[quote=USAF Pilot 07]
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by "USAF Pilot 07":3q1hflrs
    I agree! Who designed that? It looks terrible!
    I believe it's based on the state flag of Florida. So, that's who designed it.
    Haha, yea I know that but I mean who decided what it'd look like on the plane? I feel like someone could have used the state seal but still incorporated it into a good looking artsy piece...[/quote:3q1hflrs]
    It's just weird seeing so much white on a Southwest plane.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

They could have done better personally though the tail looks alot better without the plane being all blue. It blended too much. Now if they wanted florida one they should have had that a beach with some girls on it :borat: