Thread: The next iPhone?

The next iPhone?

Sure looks like it..

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

What's new

• Front-facing video chat camera
    • Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
    • Camera flash
    • Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
    • Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x640 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
    • What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
    • Split buttons for volume
    • Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: The next iPhone?

I had my doubts when I first saw this a couple days ago, but it's beginning to sound legit.

Not so sure that it wasn't planned by Apple on the eve of their quarterly earnings report and rave reviews of the new HTC Incredible.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I had my doubts when I first saw this a couple days ago, but it's beginning to sound legit.

Not so sure that it wasn't planned by Apple on the eve of their quarterly earnings report and rave reviews of the new HTC Incredible.
    I was thinking the same thing... maybe Apple let this happen.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

I think they are all full of crap. For a company so secretive, the want us to believe one of its hip employees hit a college bar with its "Skunkworks prototoye and just left it after getting hammered?

Its called marketing.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

nope, Apple does not want any sneak peeks before the keynote.... Last time an iPhone 3GS went missing the guy who lost it took is life after an Apple shakedown. If they were leaking it, they would not have hidden it in a regular iPhone looking case. The case was made to make it look like a 3g/3gs but someone opened it and realized what it was. If Apple would have wanted it, 1 (it would not have been active when found) 2, (If they wanted people to try it, they would not have bricked it so it was unusable at the start of the next day). This employee is almost certainly canned or possible found in the sands of Nevada. He is screwed. This was the worst thing that could happen in Steve Jobs book, the only good thing was that they bricked it soo fast that they could not get into it or do anything!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Apple lawyers contacted Gizmondo an successfully claimed it and got it back. I like the design but I don't know if its iPhone 4G or if its a concept model for a future iPhone.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

It is the next one to be announced soon, If it was later than next gen, it would be on paper because they only make completed units according to the processors available. The front camera was the biggie for video conferencing. that was important. The square look is for battery and the metal ring is for reception enhancement. The processor is latest and the rumor is that they will have one on Verizon but you will never get details until the keynote.... iPad and every iPhone was everyone guessing and EVERYONE that "KNEW SOMEONE" was ALWAYS wrong. For the first time EVER, Apple will announce a product that will not be a big surprise. THIS WAS A BIG BOO BOO! BIG BOO BOO!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Glad I just ordered the HTC Incredible and didn't wait for this. The rumor its coming to Verizon is purely rumor and would not happen until the fall as AT&T extended its exclusive by 6 months. Wouldn't surprise me either if AT&T gets to keep their exclusive, otherwise why wouldn't Apple have brought out an iPad for the Verizon network? Either way its my opinion from comparing both the iphone and droid the Droid is a better platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    It is the next one to be announced soon, If it was later than next gen, it would be on paper because they only make completed units according to the processors available.
    I didn't even think about that. Since Apple designed this prototype a certain way Giz couldn't find out which processor it had. Hope fully it uses an A4 based chip like the one that is in the iPad because its super responsive.
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Can you imagine how angry Steve Jobs was when this story got out there?

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Can you imagine how angry Steve Jobs was when this story got out there?
    We were talking about it all day at work.... I think the guy is now a girl and on the unemployment line....
    AND CIRCLING THE F instead of M in the sex category!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    It is the next one to be announced soon, If it was later than next gen, it would be on paper because they only make completed units according to the processors available.
    I didn't even think about that. Since Apple designed this prototype a certain way Giz couldn't find out which processor it had. Hope fully it uses an A4 based chip like the one that is in the iPad because its super responsive.
    Its still far SLOWER than the Snapdragon processor on the new Android phones.

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Fighting_falcon_51":2n0vvng4
    Its still far SLOWER than the Snapdragon processor on the new Android phones.[/quote:2n0vvng4]

Actually the Qualcomm QSD8250 (which I assume you are referring to) has the same clockspeed as the Apple A4. The thing that sets the A4 apart from the QSD8250 is that it has a PoP SoC design which gives twice the bandwidth for the RAM.

The upcoming 8X50A and 8X72 chips beats the A4 on paper and probably will in real life application. \

The iPhone 3GS uses a processor based on the ARM11 core and still uses the SoC design but only has a 600MHz clockspeed vs the QSD8250 clocked in a 1GHz.