Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Force One and Air Force Two to Visit NYC On Thursday

Air Force One and Air Force Two to Visit NYC On Thursday

President Obama and Vice President Biden will be in town for separate events in Manhattan on Thursday.

Obama will be giving a speech on Wall Street, while Biden will be making an appearance on "The View."

Will post TFRs when they are published.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Air Force One and Air Force Two to Visit NYC On Thursday

That probably explains the C-130 that took off from Kennedy around 10AM today.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065
    That probably explains the C-130 that took off from Kennedy around 10AM today.
    doubt that, the limos and helos are either C-17 or C-5 transported. a C-130 is a bit small for that task.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I agree Matt, however its not unusual for a C-130 to pop up a few days in advance; (for whatever the reason might be; I have no idea) noticed it a few times now. Doesn't seem like a coincidence any more, though I suppose it might be.

T
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    President Obama and Vice President Biden will be in town for separate events in Manhattan on Thursday.

Obama will be giving a speech on Wall Street, while Biden will be making an appearance on "The View."

Will post TFRs when they are published.
    Mmmm, its Earth Day and they will be travelling in seperate aircraft to the same city? Expect the "Greenies" to
    notice that. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Mmmm, its Earth Day and they will be travelling in seperate aircraft to the same city?
    Haha, good call.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Mmmm, its Earth Day and they will be travelling in seperate aircraft to the same city? Expect the "Greenies" to
    notice that. :)
    Not that the Secret Service is likely to let POTUS and VPOTUS travel in the same airplane anyway, but I think events in Russia last week were a stark reminder on why you don't let a large group of senior officials fly together.

I'm going to try and catch AF1 and/or AF2 tomorrow. Anybody wants to join me, welcome!

I would imagine 747 and helos at JFK plus C-17s for the limos, and 757 or smaller at LGA with the VP. If I read the advisories correctly it's Biden at LGA at 0800 local and Obama at JFK 0900. Makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Arinyc
    I'm going to try and catch AF1 and/or AF2 tomorrow. Anybody wants to join me, welcome!

I would imagine 747 and helos at JFK plus C-17s for the limos, and 757 or smaller at LGA with the VP. If I read the advisories correctly it's Biden at LGA at 0800 local and Obama at JFK 0900. Makes sense?
    This from Gridlock sam in NY Daily News and hes pretty much in the know.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/04 ... idsam.html

NLovis

From what I read it seems likes AF2 will be at LGA sometime after 9AM cause thats when the restrictions take effect and AF1 after 10AM. I remember from when I started working at T7 last year. There were several AF1 sightings and the restrictions took effect 10-15 minutes before the actual arrival. So figuring all this i'd say an actual ground time will be 9:15-30 for AF2 and 10:15-30 for AF1. Expecting 31R as main for AF1 (unless wind says otherwise) and I have no clue for AF2. H3 for AF1 as since bay runway is closed they wont be going to H19. As for my locations I will be heading T7 for AF1 like I did for my 1st AF1 shot that is on site. As for AF2 unless its going rwy 4 i'll need a good location within 200mm.

This from Gridlock sam in NY Daily News and hes pretty much in the know.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/04 ... idsam.html
    All right! Thanks, that is very useful indeed. I'll most likely be at LGA for the Biden arrival and JFK for AF1 departure. Subject to weather...

NLovis

I would arrive at LGA at 9 to be safe. What approach will he most likely use?

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis

Winds are forecast at 0900L to be 270@06 eventually becoming 300@12G18 at 1300L. So I would imagine LGA will either be using 22 or 31...

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis

Winds are forecast at 0900L to be 270@06 eventually becoming 300@12G18 at 1300L. So I would imagine LGA will either be using 22 or 31...
    Rats. I need to find a spot now within 200mm. Anybody got any ideas?