Thread: Cradle of Aviation Museum

Cradle of Aviation Museum

The NY Yankees 2009 World Series trophy will be on display I believe on April 20-21 at the Cradle of Aviation Museum. Why display here at an aviation museum I can't figure.

Re: Cradle of Aviation Museum

Why not? All those Yankee fans wanting to see it translate into more visitors and much needed revenue to the museum. It's all about marketing and promotion - something to bring attention to the place.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Why not? All those Yankee fans wanting to see it translate into more visitors and much needed revenue to the museum. It's all about marketing and promotion - something to bring attention to the place.
    I agree at least it will bring people in and then hopefully those people will come back again in the future.

And they really do need the revenue.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

****, I can't get out to see it. I'll be home watching the Mets go down in a ball of flames lol.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Doesn't the "Cradle" hold in its possession the large Concorde replica which used to hang in Times Square? Why isn't that put on display if they want to attract visitors? At least it's aviation-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    Doesn't the "Cradle" hold in its possession the large Concorde replica which used to hang in Times Square? Why isn't that put on display if they want to attract visitors? At least it's aviation-related.
    This has been discussed in other threads
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtop...t=times+square

And I do not see how that would attract visitors.... If I wanted to see the concorde, I would go to the intrepid and walk IN one! Looking at the model is not at good.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I can't lie....I'm a big fan of that Concorde ad and would also want to see it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

You would rather go see a model of the Concorde than go see an actual Concorde on the Intrepeid? I understand wanting to see it but I would go to see the real deal every time. The Cradle has the #3 (oldest Tomcat, one of 2 A-6F's and the First E-2C made). I understand wanting to see it, but the question is, would you make a trip to see the model over going to see the real deal? Just curious -Fred
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".