Thread: RIP Midwest, Hello Frontier

RIP Midwest, Hello Frontier

Republic will be announcing the unification of Midwest and Frontier under the Frontier brand name any minute.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: RIP Midwest, Hello Frontier

All mentions of Midwest will be erased in the next 12-18 months.

Press release:
    Republic Airways Announces Branding Decision

Animals Stay, Brand Promise Combines Best of Two into One

DENVER, April 13, 2010 - Republic Airways Holdings (NASDAQ: RJET) today revealed that the Frontier name and famous “spokesanimals” will be the face of the unified branded airline. The announcement was made this morning during simultaneous press conferences in Frontier’s hometown of Denver and Midwest’s hometown of Milwaukee.

“This decision was an emotional one for everyone involved,” said Bryan Bedford, president, chairman and CEO of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. “While the research showed that customers preferred the Frontier brand, they also expressed a strong loyalty to both brands based on affordability, convenience, destinations and delivery of a differentiated experience. As we work to integrate these two brands into a unified Frontier Airlines, you can expect to see a lot of influence from the Midwest brand. This will include the introduction of the iconic Midwest Airlines chocolate chip cookie on all Frontier flights this summer.”

Bedford went on to say, “This airline is now bigger and stronger, with an immense opportunity for sustainable, profitable growth in Milwaukee, Denver and across our network. We are launching service to new destinations out of our Milwaukee and Denver hubs and we are adding more jobs in the communities we serve.”

The 2010 growth includes ten new destinations out of the Denver hub and five new destinations out of the Milwaukee hub. As a result, the carrier will grow by seven percent in seat miles this year, three times the industry average. Additionally, the Company employs more than 5,700 aviation professionals across its branded network with 1,200 employees in Milwaukee and 4,100 employees in Denver, with more to come as Frontier’s expansion continues.

Republic purchased Midwest Airlines in July 2009 and Frontier Airlines in October 2009. Since then, the two carriers have operated as partners with the goal of eventually integrating into one carrier. Over the last few months the Company has conducted extensive independent research with both consumers and employees to help in the decision-making process.

“This decision is a critical milestone for Republic’s branded operation and allows us to focus on serving our guests better,” said Ian Arthur, Republic’s vice president of marketing and branding. “Together as Frontier Airlines we make a very important brand promise to our guests. Our promise is to deliver a better and different flying experience, because it is the best care in the air.”

The Company has set a very aggressive integration timeline of 12-18 months. In that time, the Company will work to integrate the customer experience and cultivate the attributes that will set Frontier Airlines apart in the industry. A Web site has been developed to communicate with the public throughout this process at FrontierMidwest.com. The site will include a timeline of all the major milestones that the Company will achieve throughout the integration; including the move to one Web site, one frequent flyer program and the implantation of new product attributes.

“There’s still a lot of work to be done in integrating these two carriers,” stated Arthur. “Throughout this process we will keep an open ear to our customer’s wants and needs. We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to develop an airline that treats our customers with respect, and will strive to provide those little things that make all the difference in our guests’ travel experience.”
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I must admit - the Midwest E190s that come into FLL are going to look nice in Frontier colors!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I wonder if some of the Midwest/CHQ E135s will get the FFT colors. That would look great too. I never really liked the last colors of Midwest.
    GO FFT GO! You can do it!

Senga

This is a perfect way to give Frontier an RJ network. In my eyes, Midwest was gone when they retired their last 717.

As for the MKE battle, does this mean AirTran won?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Shame, Midwest has BY FAR... the best paintscheme of any US airline right now.

I will miss that elegant livery. Change even if it's backwards, that's just the norm of the times.

I was sure the Midwest brand would not be the survivor but am relieved the Frontier brand and the animal tail's did survive, was still a little concerned Republic might go with a generic brand instead.

I understand the last E-190 delivery arrived at MKE in a Republic livery, not sure if this was a factory fresh or ex US bird. All the rest are in the Beautiful Blue Midwest livery. N967UW operated it's last revenue flight for US last night (PHL-CLT) then ferried to PIT for delivery to Republic, the 8th of 10. Perhaps it will be the first E-190 to be painted in the Frontier livery, which would be logical.

The biggest challenge I see for this new carrier will be all the competition (much of it LCC) at it's 2 main hubs DEN and MKE.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    I was sure the Midwest brand would not be the survivor but am relieved the Frontier brand and the animal tail's did survive, was still a little concerned Republic might go with a generic brand instead.
    Same here, I thought they would go with "Republic" or something random like "Verizon." I like the animal tails but the rest of the paint sucks, IMO, especially compared to Midwest blue.

Here is the new website:

http://www.frontiermidwest.com/

under fun stuff is a picture of the first EMB 190 to be delivered in Frontier colors in MKE later this month

Quote Originally Posted by crj200dispatcher
    under fun stuff is a picture of the first EMB 190 to be delivered in Frontier colors in MKE later this month
    Nice of them to throw a bone to disgruntled Wisconsians by sticking a badger on the tail.

Also under funstuff the new commercial featuring many of the Frontier animals I found as always very entertaining, so glad Republic was smart enough to keep all that. I was looking over their direct TV line-up, I like that they have CBS, NBC, and Fox as part of their line up. Hopefully they will be adding that to the E-190's as well, maybe even the 170's.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Hopefully they will be adding that to the E-190's as well, maybe even the 170's.
    At the event today they said they'd be adding IFE to their whole fleet.

Somewhere in the animal kingdom the frog feels left out. I don't like the Frontier livery much, but seeing a new animal at least makes me look. It'd be quite an achievement for the snake and the cockroach.

As an aviation geek, I would only approve of these news if they used this excellent corporate image: