Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joint Service Open House 2010

Re: Joint Service Open House 2010

I'd like to somehow get on base for the Friday show but I don't think that's happening... so I guess I'll be doing the whole Sat/Sun deal.

I may still go down Friday and go to Gravelly Point... I've never been there before...

Whatever Gravelly Point is I probably will try to show up there, Im gonna be in My hotel around 1-2pm probably so any info about your plans guys would be appreciated :P I know nothing about Andrews AFB and DC... actually I know where the landmarks are and thats gonna be it.... :) can't wait...
    Living The Dream...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparypa
    Whatever Gravelly Point is I probably will try to show up there...
    Gravelly Point is a small park on the Potomic River, just a stone's throw from DCA - just north of the airport, and right under the approach. You can find more information at the Washington Baltimore Spotters Group website, specifically their DCA Spotting Guide.

You can get shots like this there:

Getting ready guys ??? I should be at Gravelly Point around 2-3pm on Friday, Saturday 7:00am Branch Av Metro station. Hope they will confirm f-16 demo....
    Living The Dream...

6 more days :) getting ready ?? is any of you guys know anything about any "photography restrictions" in DC ?? I was thinking maybe go after dark and take some Night shots of Landmarks. Maybe someone wants to join ?? more than one person with camera looks better :P and is safer....
    Living The Dream...

It's been a few years since I was down in DC, but there really aren't any restrictions on photography around any of the monuments. The area is a dream for night shots. I was down there alone, but I stayed around the typical tourist sites, didn't venture down any dark, lonely paths, and didn't have any trouble. Like anywhere else, just be smart, be careful, and you should be fine.

Hi,

Just registered with nycaviation.com, although I have been lurking for a while. :)

I started going to air show last year. The Joint Service Open House 2010 is the fourth air show I have attended. I'd like to share some pictures here. Hope to meet some of you at Jones Beach or Coney Island this year.

Nice shots, Wavefront. Welcome aboard!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9