Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joint Service Open House 2010

Joint Service Open House 2010

Anyone interested in the JSOH 2010 at Andrews AFB for a Jones Beach warmup session? I haven't been to JSOH before and was hoping to hear some inputs from other photogs who had been to previous JSOH..

http://www.jsoh.org/index.html

thanks
    Dennis

Re: Joint Service Open House 2010

Tough shooting early in the show and gets better as it gets later.

I booked hotel for Andrews AFB Show like in the middle of January cuz I couldn't wait :P :)))) I'll be there, this is unique Air Show there is always a huge chance to see VC-25 taking off or landing :) I hope to see some more NYCA....
    Living The Dream...

Awesome, I was hoping to see more unconventional traffic apart from other AFB shows. Andrews is definitely one of them. Other being Nellis AFB in Vegas :D

Im also booked for Nellis... can't wait for November LOL... I Booked hotel for 10 days just to make sure I will see Air Show and have some time for LAS Spotting, I will try to talk to spotters from Vegas to maybe hang out together, its always better with locals right ? Vegas is not NY cuz I have no idea how come you can get lost in NY but in Vegas its so big and crazy lol
    Living The Dream...

Chris,

We are booked for Andrews and for Nellis as well. Having been to Nellis for the past couple of years, I really enjoy the variety of aircraft you come across and the great light in the desert. Last year there was a Green Flag exercise going on at the same time which provided a lot of extra spotting opportunities.

If you show up on Cheyenne Ave on the practice Friday, you will find a ton of spotters hanging out there.

Greg this is great info !! I have never been to Nellis Air Show this will be my first time, I was picking between Pensacola and Nellis... Im taking my wife and 3yo Daughter with me... we live in Ocean City MD and Brooklyn, NY (don't ask how come :P its a long and complicated story) and we have ocean 150 yards from home so I decided to see desert :) Im gonna be there on Thursday so Friday I should be on Cheyenne Ave as well.... Hope to see you around Andrews and then Nellis :) Im also planning Ocean City MD, Atlantic City and NAS Oceana this year.... since you know what is going on in Vegas Im gonna have few questions before the Nellis Air Show :P
    Living The Dream...

Here's examples of the light at Andrews AFB, taken from the 2006 show, should it be a fantastic day:

T-6A Texan II Demonstration from the morning

F-16 Fighting Falcon Demonstration from the afternoon

As Joe said, the light is tough in the morning because you face east but it definitely gets better after around noon.

Looks great to me.... Atlantic City Air Show this is a challenge most of the time....
    Living The Dream...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparypa
    Greg this is great info !! I have never been to Nellis Air Show this will be my first time, I was picking between Pensacola and Nellis... Im taking my wife and 3yo Daughter with me... we live in Ocean City MD and Brooklyn, NY (don't ask how come :P its a long and complicated story) and we have ocean 150 yards from home so I decided to see desert :) Im gonna be there on Thursday so Friday I should be on Cheyenne Ave as well.... Hope to see you around Andrews and then Nellis :) Im also planning Ocean City MD, Atlantic City and NAS Oceana this year.... since you know what is going on in Vegas Im gonna have few questions before the Nellis Air Show :P
    I would have been at Oceana this year too since it's one of our favorite shows, but unfortunately it's on the only day of the year that I can't go :(
    And after last years WX problems, it's even more of a bummer...

Anyway if you have any Vegas or Nellis or Aviation Nation questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Nice... I'll be contacting you for sure about the Nellis event.

Oceana... ohhh yeee one of my favorite Air Shows... last year was crazy cold thats true :) but air show is air show lol
    Living The Dream...

btw sorry for double posting... maybe you know anything about B-2 flybys ?? I can't find any schedules or something... Steve maybe you can help ?? and can someone please tell me if the acc schedule is already done ?? cuz this shcedule from the website is really weird looks like in Andrews will be just a F-22 demo ??
    Living The Dream...

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

ACC has had major budget cuts and they had to limit the amount of demo's per show
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

So getting ready guys ?? 3 weeks.... hotels booked ?? Just to let you know, the same weekend is some police convention or something in DC and they expecting thousands of police officers in DC that weekend, so book your hotel now to avoid weird prices and availability problems.... so whos going btw ?? Would be nice to see some "our" people :)
    Living The Dream...

I've already booked my hotel so I'm all set for it. I plan on visiting Gravelly Point also depending on weather!