Thread: Confirmed Evergreen 744 N491EV

NLovis

Confirmed Evergreen 744 N491EV

There is a picture of the a/c in a hanger in singapore. When I get my hands on it I will put it up. 491 is a pure freighter from singapore air. There is supposedly another one EV got from air france but that one isnt 100% confirmed. Word around evergreen is that 491 will be visiting in a month though that is also in the air since they have been saying that since december already and its now april.

Re: Confirmed Evergreen 744 N491EV

A 747-400F in EIA colors....this will be a nice aircraft to shoot. I look forward to its JFK arrival.

Senga

NLovis

I have the picture in my hand as we speak. When I get home from work in an hour or 2 i'll scan it and upload it. EIA says it will be flying later this month. Well us here at JFK dont expect to see it flying till sometime May. Since I work as a loadmaster now I have access to all flight #'s and a/c running the flight. When we get a flight with it on it be sure to check Inbound for it. Also since I can now log at work it will be actual inbound. Also on a more sad note the Supertanker is currently sitting in morana without any engines on it. It hasnt flown at all in several months.

NLovis

As promised here it is. Sorry the printer was broken at work.
    Last edited by NLovis; 2011-04-09 at 01:01 AM.

Interesting,
    Looks like they still are applying the cheat lines in that shot. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks going to be one nice looking F series!

Senga

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Interesting,
    Looks like they still are applying the cheat lines in that shot. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks going to be one nice looking F series!

Senga
    Yes 491 is still being serviced. EIA says it will be flying by months end but to be realistic it wont be till sometime in May. The cheatlines arent finished yet, they still have the plane covered up on the bottom, and its unknown if it is even on its gear in that shot not to mention engines. I agree though once done it will look nice unless you were prefering all white and a blue tail :lol:

I wonder if they are going to toss the Evergreen logo that appears on the tail upon the winglets. That would make it look SHHHHAAAARP!... One less PFE line at Evergreen. The breed dies a little more each year.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Eh that picture really doesn't show much at all....

NLovis

That picture confirms it exists. Thats all you really need. Hiss the paint probably isnt done yet cause as you can see they still have bags up covering the a/c. but I do agree the Evergreen symbol on the winglets will look sharp though this will be the 1st change to the scheme in like forver as far as I have been told so most likely the winglets will be all white. As soon as I get a flight with that tail number I will be posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    That picture confirms it exists. Thats all you really need.
    Eh....not really and no one was questioning you if it existed or not. The main focus would be to show what an Evergreen 744 looks like. The tail end of all 747s look all the same, I think people were assuming you would post a picture of entire plane. Why jump the gun when you can't show the goods?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I think what Tommy is trying to say is that you posted basically a tail shot which really doesn't show us anything. We all respect your being gung ho about pics and such but sometimes you really should think before you post a pic like this. It's only the tail and it's a pic of a pic that was printed on a piece of paper. No offense but it's clearly a low quality post. Just some friendly advice but take a little time and consider your posts before making them. It would do you a good service going forward not to mention make the forum a better place for everyone.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

NLovis

Well its the only photo of the a/c. There is nothing else of it so thats the best there is atm. Untill its D check is finished it wont be leaving that hanger. And untill it leaves the hanger the tail is all there is unless somebody walks in with a camera. Not much I can do with that.