Thread: Biden at LGA Today

Biden at LGA Today

Should be some sort of USAF action at LGA right now. He landed around 1115, departure TFR is for 115-330.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Biden at LGA Today

Yes, we had to take the guns away from everyone including PAPD.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Yes, we had to take the guns away from everyone including PAPD.
    are you serious? that's pretty retarted IMO.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Did he take a C-32?

Saw his motorcade on the GCP when I left my house this morning...

Oddly, when I got to work, Joe was there, having lunch with my boss. Jerk could have offered me a ride. Here he is leaving:

Side-rant relating to Kevin's PAPD gun confiscation: The security I saw was obscene. They closed all the entrances to the GCP along his route. About a dozen police and SS motorcycles, cars and trucks in his motorcade, including an ambulance, plus an NYPD chopper which kept a close eye on me, circling a couple hundred feet over my head as I waited on the overpass. While he was having lunch, they closed 56th St between 8th and 9th to park all that crap. Consider that up until the late 1940s, VP's had no security detail whatsoever, and today the office of VP is no more important nor dangerous than it was then.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Kev, what do you call either the guy or his position when he's sitting in the back of the suburban with an M4 out the window?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Did he take a C-32?
    yes, a bent-wing one was sitting at E when i left work. couldn't see the serial.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Side-rant relating to Kevin's PAPD gun confiscation: The security I saw was obscene. They closed all the entrances to the GCP along his route. About a dozen police and SS motorcycles, cars and trucks in his motorcade, including an ambulance, plus an NYPD chopper which kept a close eye on me, circling a couple hundred feet over my head as I waited on the overpass. While he was having lunch, they closed 56th St between 8th and 9th to park all that crap. Consider that up until the late 1940s, VP's had no security detail whatsoever, and today the office of VP is no more important nor dangerous than it was then.
    That's all standard. Obviously I was joking but considering he is one heart beat away from the big seat and Pelosi right behind him it is scary.

I think I mentioned this before but the ambulance is a specially made vehicle with Kevlar and a special compartment only the secret service has the key to.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Kev, what do you call either the guy or his position when he's sitting in the back of the suburban with an M4 out the window?
    Anything he wants to be called. I'd rather be on the .50 cal with the turret in the suburban.
    Ronald Reagan

Pelosi right behind him it is scary.
    Touché. Then again, nowadays every empty suit in city hall, i.e. the comptroller, gets four detectives assigned to "protect" them. :?

I think I mentioned this before but the ambulance is a specially made vehicle with Kevlar and a special compartment only the secret service has the key to.
    Weird. What's in the compartment?

Email me anytime at [email protected].

I put the requisition form in.
    Ronald Reagan

Consider that up until the late 1940s, VP's had no security detail whatsoever, and today the office of VP is no more important nor dangerous than it was then.[/quote]

Maybe they know more than we do? :)
    With the recent terror attacks in Moscow by Muslim extremists and the anti-govt rhetoric and threats after the
    recent passing of the health care bill I can see the USSS being cautious.
    Then today this came out......
    http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/l ... 2F19424343

I put the requisition form in.
    It's called the Dillon Tactical Vehicle.

http://www.dillonaero.com/home.html

You can buy the M134 Gatling Gun and mounts separately.
    Ronald Reagan