Thread: Help Me Decide - Florida Spotting

Help Me Decide - Florida Spotting

So I'm thinking about taking a day-trip to Florida one day this month...probably a Monday.

It would be on JetBlue from either LGA or JFK to any Florida destination that they serve. Just a day for spotting and hanging out.

I can't decide where to go....can anyone help me out? Which Floridian B6 airports would have traffic that you think I'd enjoy this time of year?

Also keep in mind I would not be renting a car and would prefer an airport that gives me spotting area access by shuttles or even a decent walk if possible.

Anyone free to hang if I make the trip?

Thoughts?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Help Me Decide - Florida Spotting

If you can make it towards the end of April - I'll gladly do something! I have a major conversion set for the weekend of the 17th and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after that will be busy too - otherwise - come to FLL! never know what is around - WN's, CO Star Alliances, who knows - it's always hit and miss - but - if you brought some luck from the spotting gods....anything can happen!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

If your looking for a spotter friendly airport definitely try FLL! Its also near Fort Lauderdale Executive which has some awesome spots, as well as a really neat pilot shop with tons of cool stuff!

Phil TPA also has some very good spots and a fellow spotter I know likely could show you around, although it's mostly domestic traffic similar to LGA.

Too bad I'm not in South Fla. anymore. I'd say come to MCO but the airport authority doesn't want anyone spotting and will chase anyone they see hanging out. As Mark said FLL is easier, never know what might show up and most of the traffic can be gotten from either the garage roof or spotting park.

Program Coordinator

Screw Florida, go Seattle.

I would, but SEA is tougher for a day trip.

I'd like IAD or DCA more honestly, but i'll be going there in June anyway and it may be redundant for me.

Either PBI or FLL I think. Hmmmm.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Phil if its just for the day I'd do FLL. If you don't have a car you can use the parking garage which is directly outside the JB terminal and its an offical spotting area. Eric and I were there two years back when we all went down. Its a great spot and perfect for a day trip