Thread: 4th Annual NY Brewfest 2010

4th Annual NY Brewfest 2010

Re: 4th Annual NY Brewfest 2010

Whoa. That looks like fun.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i'm in....
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I went two years ago when it was held at the South Street Seaport with three buddies and what a blast we had. And that was on a Friday eve. With this being on a Saturday aft/early eve AND Governors Island it should really be a lot of fun.
    Those 8 ounce glasses sure add up. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Those 8 ounce glasses sure add up.
    no pints?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    no pints?
    No, these things usually give you a small tasting glass when you walk in which you use to sample all the choices. Who needs a pint when you're going to end up trying 40 different beers? :)
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey

i am there!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    no pints?
    No, these things usually give you a small tasting glass when you walk in which you use to sample all the choices. Who needs a pint when you're going to end up trying 40 different beers? :)
    :lol: :lol: Oh so true.
    BTW this is Day 1 of the Red Bull Air Race. Anyone know what time the race starts? That would be cool if the
    race was in the AM, then drinking in the PM. Nice way to start Fathers Day weekend. :D

:lol: :lol: Oh so true.
    BTW this is Day 1 of the Red Bull Air Race. Anyone know what time the race starts? That would be cool if the
    race was in the AM, then drinking in the PM. Nice way to start Fathers Day weekend. :D
    Good call. Govs. Island might actually be a good spot to watch the races from.

anyone going tonight to the one at the coliseum!!!.. one day im hoping to have one of my homebrews there.. but for now ill just enjoy em at my place

Those 8 ounce glasses sure add up. :D
    Actually they are 4 ounce glasses. But with 100 brewers and over 300 beers and 5 hours to drink....... :D :D 8)
    And the weather forecast is Sunny/85!!
    On their Facebook page I found out the whole Island is available to be explored but beer consumption limited to the
    Brewfest grounds.
    Should be a great day!! :)

Well it was for me and my friends but for a WHOLE lotta other people it turned into a debacle. We had tickets for the
    2:30 tasting and got in with no hassle. The area was pretty empty and we proceeded to hit the tents sampling just
    about everything there was to be tasted. By 4:15 we had a pretty good buzz working and myself and my buddies took
    a time out to get some food and relax. by 5PM when our second wind kicked in you can tell things had changed. The
    crowds were huge and the wait times for food and beer tasting was getting longer and longer. Luckily i knew one of the
    workers at one of the tents and was able to get a few glasses on the side. But that was it. No way was I going to stand
    on line for 30 minutes or more for a 4 ounce glass of beer. At that point I should have cut my losses and left but I hung
    until 7 then decided to leave. LOL by this point I also lost my friends it was so crowded but they had the same idea and
    left too. Arriving at the ferry was another "cluster frack" and I'm figuring an hour wait. I was at the back of the line
    when a Gov Island employee came by and said to take the regular ferry down the road. Walked that way, got right on
    board and was back in Manh in no time. It was obvious they had totally oversold this event. I went to the 2008 event
    at South street seaport and it was fine. Reading lots of feedback and people are PISSED!! Too bad because with the
    weather and location this could have been a great day but for many it wasnt.

Well it was for me and my friends but for a WHOLE lotta other people it turned into a debacle. We had tickets for the
    2:30 tasting and got in with no hassle. The area was pretty empty and we proceeded to hit the tents sampling just
    about everything there was to be tasted. By 4:15 we had a pretty good buzz working and myself and my buddies took
    a time out to get some food and relax. by 5PM when our second wind kicked in you can tell things had changed. The
    crowds were huge and the wait times for food and beer tasting was getting longer and longer. Luckily i knew one of the
    workers at one of the tents and was able to get a few glasses on the side. But that was it. No way was I going to stand
    on line for 30 minutes or more for a 4 ounce glass of beer. At that point I should have cut my losses and left but I hung
    until 7 then decided to leave. LOL by this point I also lost my friends it was so crowded but they had the same idea and
    left too. Arriving at the ferry was another "cluster frack" and I'm figuring an hour wait. I was at the back of the line
    when a Gov Island employee came by and said to take the regular ferry down the road. Walked that way, got right on
    board and was back in Manh in no time. It was obvious they had totally oversold this event. I went to the 2008 event
    at South street seaport and it was fine. Reading lots of feedback and people are PISSED!! Too bad because with the
    weather and location this could have been a great day but for many it wasnt.
    i didn't buy the connoisseur passes and only got in after 1530. next year i'm springing for those and making a day of the event. it was super crowded by the time maria and i got there. the beer was great but waiting in line for 15 minutes did get to be a drag. we sprung for a cigar and walked around the island to finally leave around 7:30-ish. the line for the ferry was ridiculous so we jumped at the chance to go to brooklyn instead of the city. there were people in line with us that almost rioted when we were told that ALL ferries were only going to the city. after losing track of how many beers we tried we headed back to williamsburg for dinner and made it home around midnight. all in all it was a GREAT day and i highly recommend it for anyone who's a beer fan like me. we're sure doing it again next year and going to try to get a bigger group together for it and making a day-long event out of it.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

There was one on Long Islands Huntington Hilton a few yeras back. Another debacle as well.

So we hit the Brewhouse instead. :D
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187