Thread: CVG

CVG

Hi there i'm visiting CVG soon and am looking for suggestions for where else to go (photo's) within say a 200 mile radius of CVG.
    Any offers appreciated

Re: CVG

CVG as in the Cincinnati area? You are only about an hour away from Dayton and the USAF Museum. If you have any interest in aircraft, that is a must visit! An amazing collection of military aircraft and other related displays, and it's all free! The only problem is you will need about a week to do it all. Here's a small part of the 900+ photos I shot in 4 days:
    http://www.moose135photography.com/Airp ... 1627_4oLEA

Re: CVG

airaos...I live 2 hours north of CVG.

CVG...there is a great viewing area right off of runway 18L/36R. Spotting any place else in CVG not advise. Police are not the friendliest and will arrest for tresspassing.

LUK...Historic airport in Cincinnati and nice General Aviation Spotting

CMH 1 1/2 hours northeast of CVG...GREAT SPOTTING/SPOTTER FRIENDLY. Can spot and photograph from parking garage and dedicated viewing area

SDF...approx 1 1/2 hour drive...UPS hub

IND approx 2 hour drive...Fed Ex hub

Driving north on I-75 toward Dayton...Springboro...Dayton Wright Bros Airport and replica of Wright Flyer

Middletown Ohio...a couple of years back, there used to be about 6 DC-3's on the field

Moraine Airpark...Great location for some vintage aircraft

Like moose135 stated...the Air Force Museum and it is sweet, and free

Dayton International...really no spotting area, but alot of areas around the field to spot

North of Dayton is Troy, Ohio amd WACO Field Airport and WACO aircraft museum

Let me know when you will be in Cincy and maybe myself and a couple of other spotting buddies can meet up with you