Thread: DL and US Figure Out Slot Swap Issue

DL and US Figure Out Slot Swap Issue

So it looks as if Delta and US Airways have made some concessions to airlines such as JetBlue, AirTran, Spirit, and WestJet to move the slot deal forward.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker ... ymbol=JBLU

Promising? Looks like JetBlue found their way into DCA. WestJet may find their way into LGA also. Maybe they are going to move their NYC ops to LGA and go head to head with Air Canada?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Re: DL and US Figure Out Slot Swap Issue

It still does not meet all of the FAA's original stipulations. We'll see if they approve it...wouldn't be surprised if they don't.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I think there is a chance they may, since they are allowing low fare competition with multiple low fare airlines. However, now Southwest is mad that they didn't get to join in. They filed an objection:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10708679 ... &cm_ite=NA
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Wasnt WJ in LGA once before?

NLovis

I think before this is all said and done SWA will be in on the deal with some slots from LGA and Regan airport

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy1
    Briefly in 2005, to YYZ. They left when they realized their slot times sucked.

Or, you may be thinking of CanJet, which flew to LGA from YYZ and YUL, 2004-2006.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I really don't think Southwest is "entitled" to any slots if DL and US don't want to divest any to them. As long as there was no collusion, the slots belong to the two carriers and they should be able to decide who gets the slots that THEY negotiated for. To me, that is how you do business. Besides, hasn't Southwest said themselves that they are happy not to have such a large operation at LGA anyway?
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    I really don't think Southwest is "entitled" to any slots if DL and US don't want to divest any to them. As long as there was no collusion, the slots belong to the two carriers and they should be able to decide who gets the slots that THEY negotiated for. To me, that is how you do business. Besides, hasn't Southwest said themselves that they are happy not to have such a large operation at LGA anyway?
    I guess they want a slightly bigger ops out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Besides, hasn't Southwest said themselves that they are happy not to have such a large operation at LGA anyway?
    Southwest seemed to be interested in buying some slots when they spoke to the DOT a couple weeks ago: http://nycaviation.com/2010/03/05/south ... lete-swap/

Southwest wants a more out of LGA. The slots, while paid for by the airlines, it is actually up to FAA and PANYNJ.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy1
    Briefly in 2005, to YYZ. They left when they realized their slot times sucked.

Or, you may be thinking of CanJet, which flew to LGA from YYZ and YUL, 2004-2006.
    I remember seeing the WS 737 at LGA, and Canjet as well. There was also a Canadian carrrier Jetsgo, they were some sort of low fare operation. IIRC, they operated F100's into LGA,