Thread: Bayswater yesterday..

Bayswater yesterday..

Yesterday as I was leaving Bayswater I had a guy approach me saying he was a reporter from the NY Daily News. He asked me if I was familiar with the fact that the park was on a list of parks to be closed I told him yes I was aware of that. When then asked what I thought about the plan I told him basically I thought It Sucked, because it is a great spot to watch the planes taking off and landing at JFK. I told him I'm not really sure how closing that park could save all that much money when it doesn't seem to be maintained all that much. He said that was exactly what the local assembly woman had told him. He then told me the savings of closing that park would be about $5000 a year. He asked if by charging for parking or something along those lines to save the park would be something I think would be fair and I said absolutely. We talked for a little while about why I was there and he really wasn't too familiar with plane spotting. As we were talking out on the street a few planes landed so he got an idea of why we go there. He asked why i take pictures of planes and I told him I just loved watching them land and that its very relaxing watching them. I also told that there's nothing like watching a plane come, and they are very majestic as them come in.

I also gave him this website to learn more about plane spotting and also to get more reactions about the park closing. Hopefully the article will make it into the paper.

Re: Bayswater yesterday..

Good job george!!! :borat:

Man I hope they keep it open. When I visit NY again I'd like to get the arrivals/takeoffs on the 4s that are possible from the park.

Are there any other good vantage points in the morning for those runways? They weren't using those when I was there.

Good job George and cool avatar.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Though I share your sentiments I think 5000 is a bit off. The cost of operating that park has to be much more
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

NLovis

IDK but i still say we sould do something to maintain it. If we took voer the park it woudl be our property and they couldnt kick us out :borat: though it would be a bit of $$

What money has the Parks Department EVER put into Bayswater except for some signs? If that's a "maintained" park I think it's a joke.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

well, someone does come by to open and close the gate each day. I have seen them mow the grass from time to time and I assume they come around to collect the garbage on occasion. That's all I can think of.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I like the idea of making it "our" park though I doubt the funding would be there.....though i've only been there twice, i agree with phil. You really can't take a piss in that place without s****ing yourself thinking about what's living in those weeds and brush. On a lighter note, perhaps a larger outcry to the aviation enthusiast community on a national or even global scale could pull some weight with the media or the governing body....just my 2 cents
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

well while they're closing parks the state is buying new conjugal visit trailers for it's prisons... almost $800,000.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    well while they're closing parks the state is buying new conjugal visit trailers for it's prisons... almost $800,000.
    Just goes to show you how screwed up this state is.... unbelievable

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    Just goes to show you how screwed up this state is.... unbelievable
    Sigh. I'm not even going to say anything about that one.