Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Last Day of Qantas 747s at JFK: July 5th

Re: Last Day of Qantas 747s at JFK: July 5th

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757
    It was the OneWorld Painted 747-400. It has something to do with soccer.
    Could this be it??

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    I saw a regular Qantas B744 on Thursday taxying at JFK but it had something like the words "COME HOME" painted on the center of the fuselage in black lettering and the letter "O" ressembled a soccer ball. What is the meaning? Is it to do with the World Cup? Sorry I couldn't see the tail #.
    Yea it does. Qantas supports Austraila's bid for the cup. I havent been sharing the last few days cause there hasnt really been much at JFK last several days but I did get Philip. Started raining while I took this shot so quality is lacking. The letters read "COME PLAY" "Proudly Supporting Austraila's Bid Austraila2018-2022.com.au"

Another 747 bites the dust. Will miss Wunala although I have no access to the ramp to get the great shots posted here. I often see the QFA B744 depart off 31L from my window. It will be missed. Gone also are the ANA Pokemon, SIA Tropical, AZA Baci and all the others bearing special liveries.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46497807@N04/4763441069/I caught the last visit of Wunala from my roof the other day.... I saw her coming for 31R in the distance while I was tanning... Ran inside, grabbed my camera and got all the way to the roof in a matter of less than a minute to catch her knowing this was likely her last time at JFK and my only chance left to actually catch her here.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46497807@N04/4763441069/I caught the last visit of Wunala from my roof the other day.... I saw her coming for 31R in the distance while I was tanning... Ran inside, grabbed my camera and got all the way to the roof in a matter of less than a minute to catch her knowing this was likely her last time at JFK and my only chance left to actually catch her here.
    That. Is an amazing photo. What stroke of luck you were on the roof!

RIP another 747 no longer visiting JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ychocky
    What stroke of luck you were on the roof!
    Just a matter of timing - he's always up on the roof with a beer or three...

After many near misses and a few crappy weather shots, I finally got a decent shot of her last year, thanks entirely to Eric texting me every 20 minutes with updates.

Once I got that first good shot, I managed to catch her a couple of other times after that as well.

Wunala is the only scheme I never cought at JFK. I did blew a big chance over a week ago while spotting at the mounds because it landed on 22R, so I reall manage to get just the backlit shot. Very unusable.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

My sister sees QFA 108 almost daily from her window in Sheepshead Bay as QFA 108 usually departs from Rwy 31L and turns near her house. She saw the new A332 pass-by on Wed, July 7 at 1935. She was disappointed as she was used to the lovely B744. Since Qantas only comes 5 days a week, which 2 days does she not come? I am upset that there is no longer the B744, but don't forget that in the 80's and 90's there were no Qantas flights into JFK at all. Passengers had to fly to LAX via AAL and switch to a Qantas B744. In 1983, I flew to LAX just to plane-spot. I spent 3 days spotting at Bradly Terminal and nobody bothered me. I also loved seeing Air New Zealand B744s as well as Hawaiian Air and others.

More bad news. The new Qantas Airbus A332 no longer even visits JFK on Tuesdays or Thursdays I believe. I need confirmation of this.