Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Day of Qantas 747s at JFK: July 5th

Re: Last Day of Qantas 747s at JFK: July 5th

Just throwing it out there............ Rats!......
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    Gordon's right. Same applies to B747-4H6 VH-OEC (former MH 9M-MHN and non-ER) and B747-48E VH-OEB (former OZ HL7416 and non-ER).
    Yea I know EB isnt an ER but they did paint it in OW colors so i'm figuring it to be one of the last. Note they havent painted any 747's aside from EB and JS.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Gordon's right. Same applies to B747-4H6 VH-OEC (former MH 9M-MHN and non-ER) and B747-48E VH-OEB (former OZ HL7416 and non-ER).
    Yea I know EB isnt an ER but they did paint it in OW colors so i'm figuring it to be one of the last. Note they havent painted any 747's aside from EB and JS.
    Well, you didn't seem to think that -OED wasn't and -OEB is in the same situation. Just because they painted -OEB in the revised scheme, then in the One World, and now in a new scheme doesn't really mean much. -OEB will be retired in due time seeing as it was a second hand acquirement in their fleet and is older then most 747s. Like I mentioned before, your best argument for why Wunala will be one of the last 747s retired is because it is the newest 747 in Qantas' fleet. End of story hombre.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Well, you didn't seem to think that -OED wasn't and -OEB is in the same situation. Just because they painted -OEB in the revised scheme, then in the One World, and now in a new scheme doesn't really mean much. -OEB will be retired in due time seeing as it was a second hand acquirement in their fleet and is older then most 747s. Like I mentioned before, your best argument for why Wunala will be one of the last 747s retired is because it is the newest 747 in Qantas' fleet. End of story hombre.
    Eh you forget JS. THE WAR ISNT OVER YET! :lol:

So? VH-OJS just happened to be painted in the revised scheme because it went in for some routine check. The Qantas 747 fleet will be completely retired eventually as they receive more A380s and at some point the 787. As per which 747s are retired in what order is completely up to Qantas and something we do not know and can merely contemplate. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the 747 returns JFK in the near future.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    So? VH-OJS just happened to be painted in the revised scheme because it went in for some routine check. The Qantas 747 fleet will be completely retired eventually as they receive more A380s and at some point the 787. As per which 747s are retired in what order is completely up to Qantas and something we do not know and can merely contemplate. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the 747 returns JFK in the near future.
    JS is socceroo. They didnt paint it just cause it was in a hanger. I know it will be over time. I hope your right on that Iberia. I would love Wunala to return.

A330s are invading transatlantic and now transpacific routes too RATAS INMUNDAS!

Didn't even see the mating Kangaroo scheme during my 2 trips to JFK.

I expected maybe I'll have a chance someday at LAX, but this invasion of A330 is gonna make it harder.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

@ Nlovis and Iberia: ladies, please. you're both beautiful.

@ Mati, mating Kangarooo???? What did I miss?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    @ Nlovis and Iberia: ladies, please. you're both beautiful.

@ Mati, mating Kangarooo???? What did I miss?
    Three Kangaroos chasing after each other into the other side of the plane that's not visible. Use your imagination..

Another observation, the flying tobacco aka flying snorkel aka A340-600 is everything except beautiful (just telling the truth)

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    A330s are invading transatlantic and now transpacific routes too RATAS INMUNDAS!

Didn't even see the mating Kangaroo scheme during my 2 trips to JFK.

I expected maybe I'll have a chance someday at LAX, but this invasion of A330 is gonna make it harder.
    It aint over yet. I havent heard the fat lady sing :lol:

It aint over yet. I havent heard the fat lady sing :lol:
    Time to take the rats out of your ears.
    :lol:

Great photos. "Wunala" is probably the most beautiful aircraft scheme to come to JFK. Runners-up are "Tropical" from SIA, "Pokemon" from ANA and "Baci" from Alitalia. There are a few others but I can't recall. Sadly, it's hard to get access to take close-up photos anymore. In the 80's, I could stand for hours at the end of Rwy 31R by taxiway "WW" to take photos; those days are gone. I would wave to the pilots.

Here's an idea. When the A330 finally comes, they should let the local graffiti vandals spray paint it and call it "Ghetto Dreaming"

Back in Australia, they discover the idea has failed. Certain ramp worker has spray painted a giant RAT on the tail.

I saw a regular Qantas B744 on Thursday taxying at JFK but it had something like the words "COME HOME" painted on the center of the fuselage in black lettering and the letter "O" ressembled a soccer ball. What is the meaning? Is it to do with the World Cup? Sorry I couldn't see the tail #.

It was the OneWorld Painted 747-400. It has something to do with soccer.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA