Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: History Under the Stars 2010 (Nighttime Airshow Photoshoot)

NLovis

Re: History Under the Stars 2010 (Nighttime Airshow Photoshoot)

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Less than One Month till the deadline
    Argh. I really want to get in. Dont think i'll have enough in time though... :(

TIME CHANGE!!!!!

I am very sorry to say that the times have changed for the History Under the Stars. The Time was from 8:30 to 11:30pm
    but will now be from 7pm to 11pm. The reason for the change was not taken lightly but was made to afford all
    photographers participating the opportunity to shoot a planned four ship flyby consisting of a B-17, B-25, P-47 and P-51
    aircraft. While I am completely DEVISTATED by this news....IT GETS WORSE! The flyby is planned for sometime after 7PM
    but before dark and could possibly be completely backlit making the possiblity of making it on Anet a 0% chance. You will
    probably not want to even take your camera out and go into a corner and cry with Moose and myself. For those of you who
    attempt to even try such a crappy shoot may possible get some crap like this...

It may get worse as time goes on and we may get some shots that are washed out and un appealing like this

(if you note the lack of detail and can not even make out the color of the plane....CRAP!!!!)

Just when you thought it could not get any worse.... they tell me the want to see if possible to get us in the old control
    tower for the flyby, thus making me climb the stairs AGAIN!!!! and that should give us a new level of Crap Backlit shots
    where we are closer to level with the aircraft.

Once again, I am soooo sorry for the inconvenience and if anyone wants to back out, Please let me know how you would like
    the refund for the full amount paid. I think my wife will still mind me writing the check for $0.00 but WE ALL HAVE TO MAKE
    SACRIFICES!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

NLovis

Rats. Can I take advantage of that and steal one of your spots? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Rats. Can I take advantage of that and steal one of your spots? :lol:
    I would be game for a swap, but I need to run it...sorry
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Fred, I know you'll need a second badge, so I will force myself to still go. Maybe we can rig up the beacon on the old tower to hit the aircraft just as we shoot so we can make them out?

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Fred, I know you'll need a second badge, so I will force myself to still go. Maybe we can rig up the beacon on the old tower to hit the aircraft just as we shoot so we can make them out?
    We can really use some of those WWII spotlights at the AAM... On a side note... we have over 12 people that want to attend already. As in previous years, not all the applicants will be accepted :( sorry if you do not make it, But remember.... I try to keep everyone happy! :borat: Please Apply even if you feel that it is a lost cause. Send your best work! Ya NEVER KNOW!

I can't believe it is almost Christmas - I mean time for the AAM History Under the Stars again! Time Flies! (pun??)

I've been lucky enough to attend in the past, and have placed some of my shots on my gallery:
    http://www.w2lie.net/e107_plugins/galle ... emId=13504

(And for those who know me, I DO stream all radio traffic from the planes and controllers online - so those with out scanners can enjoy the show from a different point of view).

Here are some shots from previous years. Again, more are in my gallery.

73 - Phil / w2lie
    http://www.w2lie.net
    Long Island Live Scanner Feeds and Forums (Air Show Scanner feed is on the "Special" Stream!)

Like I thought, lots of entry's! Only a few days left! Don't let the time disappear!

(please note that 909 will not be there)

Crap - I have to make a trip to NY for this sometime! Whoever goes - enjoy it all - can't wait to see the pics!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

NLovis

Think any of my night shots will qualify?

We are over the allowable limit we set of 12, 6 returning and 6 new photographers. There is stiff competition. I have not see the quality of your night work, but like the lotto.... you need to be in it to win it. Will it be that hard to send a few night shots with a request? If you are questioning the quality of your work you will probably not make it....but there is only one way to find out. Try

thats my $ .02

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    We are over the allowable limit we set of 12, 6 returning and 6 new photographers. There is stiff competition. I have not see the quality of your night work, but like the lotto.... you need to be in it to win it. Will it be that hard to send a few night shots with a request? If you are questioning the quality of your work you will probably not make it....but there is only one way to find out. Try

thats my $ .02
    i've been questioning the quality for awhile now. I'll shoot to learn how to get it done right and try next year when I got a year under my belt so to speak.

ONE WEEK LEFT

day and a half left.... Lots of entrys this year. I am very sorry that all will not be able to attend.

Once again, we had way too many people the second year and we were all on top of each other, fighting for a shot
    was not good and it was difficult on the staff at the AAM. I am sorry that all will not be able to attend.
    If you have not put in your entry, please do ASAP -Fred

Invites are out, sorry all could not make it. -Fred