Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: History Under the Stars 2010 (Nighttime Airshow Photoshoot)

History Under the Stars 2010 (Nighttime Airshow Photoshoot)

It gives me great pleasure to announce.....

Here are the previous 2 years threads on the other events!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15265

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12009

Here are a few of my shots from last year, I have no idea on if it was night under the stars night or another night,
    with no sleep for 3 days straight it all starts to blur....

If you attended last year and have an extra few minutes....can you post a few of your shots and a little blurb on what
    you liked or disliked about the event. If you did not like something, I would love to hear as that is how we can try to make
    things better. I would love to see some of your work...
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Re: History Under the Stars 2010 (Nighttime Airshow Photoshoot)

I was there last year, and have to say again, the Museum staff is to be commended for their efforts in making this happen. There is not much to dislike. The only thing that made it a downer last year, and I completely understand why, was when they had to cover the canopies by 9:30pm. Other than that, you really can't complain with how that "night" is run.

Here are a few of mine from last year.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Not to be a pain in the butt Fred, but I the poster has a misprint. It should read "May 29,2010" instead of "May 29,2008"
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Your no longer invited! :lol:

Thanks
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

This is really an experience for anyone into aviation photography and like I mentioned in the other thread, the work that Fred and the great people at the American Airpower Museum is way more than evident. I encourage everyone to submit for an invitation. You won't regret it for one second. Here's a few from past years.

R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Sweet, definetly think i might try to get an invitation. Looks Awesome!
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Let me tell you guys and gals, this event is great the Fred puts this together for us. I attended the 2009 event last year and had a blast.....
    If you like Avaition Photography, this is a must do event....

I'm looking foward again for "History Under the Stars 2010".

Heres some of my shots from last year:

NLovis

K how do i get invited? any help?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    K how do i egt invited? any help?
    go to the first post in the thread and re-read the flyer fred posted. it explains all.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    ....can you post a few of your shots and a little blurb on what you liked or disliked about the event.
    i'm proud to say i did this the first year it was offered and while my shots didn't come out nearly as good (lacked a good tripod then) as everyone else's i had a great time. dinner was great and i had a lot of fun shooting the night away with good friends. in all it was a wonderful night and if i were going to be around this summer i'd probably want to go again. fred, next year maybe.

a few of mine:

only three, the rest are on my crashed hard drive pending recovery, hopefully...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    K how do i egt invited? any help?
    go to the first post in the thread and re-read the flyer fred posted. it explains all.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    ....can you post a few of your shots and a little blurb on what you liked or disliked about the event.
    i'm proud to say i did this the first year it was offered and while my shots didn't come out nearly as good (lacked a good tripod then) as everyone else's i had a great time. dinner was great and i had a lot of fun shooting the night away with good friends. in all it was a wonderful night and if i were going to be around this summer i'd probably want to go again. fred, next year maybe.

a few of mine:

only three, the rest are on my crashed hard drive pending recovery, hopefully...
    Yea I figured I messed up on how I typed that. I meant tell me what I have to do. I've read the 1st post but I would like to know more.

Yea I figured I messed up on how I typed that. I meant tell me what I have to do. I've read the 1st post but I would like to know more.

Link or info on any published night photos such as magazines, Anet, jetphotos, Flicker, personal website etc...

Night photo links are a must as this is not a learning session for beginning nighttime photography. We are able to take
    advantage of one night during the year and learning would needed to be done prior. If help is needed there are lots of people
    on this site such as myself, Moose and many others that would take plenty of time to help with night time shooting.

This year will be too many people requesting to go, 6 previous attendee's will be there and 6 first timers. The only way in is to try and enter.

You can link Daytime aviation shots and Nighttime shots that are not aviation as most will not have the opportunity to shoot night aviation until attending.

If your not sure if your entry is ok, put questions in the email as I read them without reviewing the links. Links will be reviewed by me on the 1st as per the poster on the first post.

Any questions, please ask them on this forum as you have so we can make sure others with the same question will have an answer.

NLovis

Ah alright. Hmm when do the select? as in what date?

Ah alright. Hmm when do the select? as in what date?
    May 1st is the Deadline, no other entry's will be counted after that. Selection is usually done within 24 hours and review is done with Moose during that time.... Emails are sent out
    usually within 3 days for deadline.

NLovis

Hmm hopefully i'll have an high quality digital long range camera by then with some good shots. I dont think any of my current qualifies sadly. Unless moose has a gem that i dont know about :borat:

Less than One Month till the deadline