Thread: DL Eliminating 840 jobs in CVG

DL Eliminating 840 jobs in CVG

Well with all the bad mouthing I see about Republic/Frontier/Midwest...Delta announces closing concourse A in CVG and only operating out of concourse B, taking over the handling of the operations, eliminating the Regional Elite Airline Services employees

Almost 1000 jobs in one community...Nice Delta

http://www.wlwt.com/money/22854191/detail.html

Re: DL Eliminating 840 jobs in CVG

No suprise there on Delta's part. Next Comair is going to be out the door all together. Comair was a liability during the BK for Delta. Now Delta is just looking to dowsize Comair. Now that Delta has Compass it is their darling. 70 seat lift, and endless supply of RJ pilots who just want to fly "Big jets" to fill seats as attrition vacates them etc... I feel bad for the gang at Comair that is getting axed. Many had to see this coming though. Comair has been sheadding manpower for a while because of Delta moves. I hope that these folks make a speedy recovery into the workforce. Hopefully they can get in with mainline.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: DL Eliminating 840 jobs in CVG

I agree....I worked for Comair when they were the darling of the Delta Connection

Sad Comair employees had to transfer to the Regional Elite division, only to loose thier job