Thread: Yet Another Air France A380 Break Down Tonight

Yet Another Air France A380 Break Down Tonight

Air France Flight 7, normally operated by an A380 on Sundays, is being flown on a 777 tonight.

The A380 which arrived yesterday is ferrying back to CDG right now as Flight 7A.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Yet Another Air France A380 Break Down Tonight

Let me put on my shocked face real quick.................
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Are you sure the aircraft broke down, Matt? I think it's possible that the aircraft is operating an additional AF7 to take the passengers from yesterdays canceled flight, meanwhile a 77W was subbed to operate AF6/7 today since F-HPJB was operating to JNB. I believe F-HPJA made it back to JFK from BOS sometime today.

Apparently the Emirates 777-300ER that diverted to BOS yesterday broke down on one of the taxiways as she was being tugged.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Let me put on my shocked face real quick.................
    Here is mine!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Jeeze Fred, what are you doing to your hair these days? It looks great!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Are you sure the aircraft broke down, Matt? I think it's possible that the aircraft is operating an additional AF7 to take the passengers from yesterdays canceled flight, meanwhile a 77W was subbed to operate AF6/7 today since F-HPJB was operating to JNB. I believe F-HPJA made it back to JFK from BOS sometime today.

Apparently the Emirates 777-300ER that diverted to BOS yesterday broke down on one of the taxiways as she was being tugged.
    Where's the fun in not bashing the A380? :) Just kidding, you may be right, sir.

The reason I suspected this is that Flight 7A was used as a ferry the last time they had a breakdown a few weeks ago.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9