Thread: Your Favorite FF Program and why?

Your Favorite FF Program and why?

I have an account in just about every program you can name in the USA but as of late I work exclusively to contribute to my AAdvantage program and to a lesser extent my Skymiles account. I like those two particularly because I get miles upon miles it seems like for just every day things off of my credit and debit cards. I love to eat out so the fact that I get three miles per dollar in both Delta and AA's accounts when I eat out at most places I do is a major perk.

Who do you use and why?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Your Favorite FF Program and why?

Well as a massive nonrev traveler on AS/QX wish I could count my miles there but since I can't have to go with HAL. Seem very nice and are always having promotions to try and get free miles. Always very helpful as well!
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

my job... it's free!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Sigh..... I do miss flying for free but I enjoy the fact that I do not have to worry about getting on when I check in. Ya dig!? :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'm a SkyMiles guy all the way. I like the way you accrue miles whether you fly or swipe a credit/debit card (though I don't have either one). I am not sure if all of you know, but Delta now offers a Visa Check Card with SunTrust Bank, which is a bank exclusive to the Southern States (FL, GA, AL, etc.)
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

I was not aware of that but it might be somthing I should consider for when I am in Florida. Sarasota only has two Chase branches right now and it is a pain in the tukus to drive all the way too them from Seista Key. There are three Sun Trusts that are almost walking distance to me on Siesta Key though. I might have to look at that.

Sun Trust is a pretty good bank whose history in Florida goes back several decades.

LGA777

Yes, SunTrust is very good. We have dealt with them a lot with some family issues. They protect your funds very well.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I have an account in just about every program you can name in the USA but as of late I work exclusively to contribute to my AAdvantage program and to a lesser extent my Skymiles account. I like those two particularly because I get miles upon miles it seems like for just every day things off of my credit and debit cards. I love to eat out so the fact that I get three miles per dollar in both Delta and AA's accounts when I eat out at most places I do is a major perk.

Who do you use and why?
    Last year a achieved platinum with both Continental and Delta/NW. From my past experience Continental has the most generous programs as far as upgrade policy and mile redemption. Delta is close but there are always way too many frequent fliers there and even a platinum status will not give you an upgrade. With all the mergers happening inevitable the benefits will be cut although the airlines will try to convince you of the opposite. American is OK but now their network is just too limited even for someone who lives near their Miami hub. That's my humble experience as a business traveler who is on the road mon-thursday each week.