Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AI2010 NYC Ramp Tours for August - CANCELLED

Re: AI2010 NYC Ramp Tours for August - CANCELLED

Wow this is disapointing..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Vincennes, Indiana, United States, 109477929070449, Vincennes, Indiana

I was originally planning to go to see family in SYD, then this came up and whoosh priorities changed...SYD and the family next year...now the Paki kid mess up.... :evil: :evil: :evil: .... back to SYD family trip...oh well NYC spotting ..may be next year.. :(
    Spotting Deprived Spotter...Need some spotting....

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek777Kaul
    I was originally planning to go to see family in SYD, then this came up and whoosh priorities changed...SYD and the family next year...now the Paki kid mess up.... :evil: :evil: :evil: .... back to SYD family trip...oh well NYC spotting ..may be next year.. :(
    You can still go spotting in New York and enjoy the convention without access to the ramp. :-)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

For those that have attended other AI shows this is devastating news. You can count on more then a few cancellations.
    The greater NY area is much more expensive and thus why there has not been a NY/NJ show is the past 20+ years.
    The photo op at AI shows has always had its draw for many, and the opportunity to get close to the active harass free helps justify the attendance.
    Now what is a major insult to injury is there has been no announcement for AT LEAST an approved spotting area, like Newarks long term parking lot. Nothing.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

A level of high frustration is so very justified. It's such a unique opportunity for the NYC area, and to not have coinciding tours is downright painful.

Port-approved spotting locations for this are HIGHLY unlikely, I'm sad to say, from my opinion.

I hold on to some excitement in the opportunity to meet the out-of-towners that will still come to our regular spotting locations.

I'll keep you all posted if anything changes.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Very disappointing :( Maybe NYC should ban tour buses due to recent events...
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cary
    Very disappointing :( Maybe NYC should ban tour buses due to recent events...
    ?
    Maybe everyone should stay home and hide under their bed.

Life continues!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Well this just sucks! As a new plane spotter (started August 2009) I was really really looking foward to this amazing opportunity and to meet all of you. Working in Manhattan 5 days a week I see MANY things that the city shouldn't be doing or should be doing to increase security, a photo op should be the least of PA's worries, there are so many other "dangerous weak spots" that they should worry about. Terrible decision.

Vincennes, Indiana, United States, 109477929070449, Vincennes, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek777Kaul
    You can still go spotting in New York and enjoy the convention without access to the ramp. :-)
    I will be back in NYC when I have good long lens to shoot with....You just don't show up in NYC with a crappy lens .. :lol: :mrgreen:
    Spotting Deprived Spotter...Need some spotting....