Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYPD 412 New Colors?

NYPD 412 New Colors?

Last night I was just about to go to bed when I saw a story on the news about a brush fire in Staten Island. My
    ears perked up and as I turned to look at the screen they had some quick shots of a PD 412 loading up its bambi
    bucket. What I saw looked like they painted the 412s the same color as the A119s. Instead of the usual light blue
    it had the dark navy and white paint scheme. Unfortunately the TV didnt have DVR so I couldnt rewind and check it out.
    So when did this happen? Interesting look though I always liked the NYPD Blue coloring. :)

Re: NYPD 412 New Colors?

Interesting, haven't seen a 412 in awhile.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i thought so too... last time i heard a 412 it was flying over LIC and i was looking into the sun but it looked like the colors that are on the A-119s are now a 412. i like the old colors more...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

NLovis

Hmm interesting. Would like to see one day if I get a chance. I've never seen these before.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Hmm interesting. Would like to see one day if I get a chance. I've never seen these before.
    If you were in Manhattan today you would have seen Aviation 23 working the St. Pats Parade. # 23 is the
    "unmarked' Command and Control Bell 412EP. They were up for hours slowly cruising the parade area.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    If you were in Manhattan today you would have seen Aviation 23 working the St. Pats Parade. # 23 is the
    "unmarked' Command and Control Bell 412EP. They were up for hours slowly cruising the parade area.
    Ah but I wasnt. I was at JFK taking care of some paperwork for my new job i will be starting on the 1st. Then I was shooting for a little.

Then I was shooting for a little.[/quote]

I hope you didnt hurt anyone :)

was randomly browsing CNN at work and found this:

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010...ter.terror.cnn
    forward to 2:05.

i still prefer the "old" colors.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

i totally forgot about this, but it's not just the colors on 412 and 414 that are new... the helo's themselves are brand new ASR birds. wow, it's been a long time since i paid a visit to FBF. not my photo:

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i totally forgot about this, but it's not just the colors on 412 and 414 that are new... the helo's themselves are brand new ASR birds. wow, it's been a long time since i paid a visit to FBF. not my photo:
    Nice work. Thought they just repainted the old birds. And the other ship will be N516PD according to the FAA DataBase.

Wait. So 412 is not a repaint? It's a new helicopter? What happened to the old one?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Wait. So 412 is not a repaint? It's a new helicopter? What happened to the old one?
    i had dibs, but i think someone pulled rank and beat me to 'em.

I saw her over Midtown the other day...thought it seemed awfully big for an A119, forgot about this thread.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Good trade in value?

Found this on the Bell website..

News Press Releases

Bell 412's to Fly for the NYPD

Press Contact
    Jim McKenna
    FORT WORTH, TEXAS (June 8, 2009) - Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, today announced the sale of two 412EP helicopters to the New York Police Department (NYPD) for use as air sea rescue helicopters.

Bob Fitzpatrick, sr. vice president of Business Development and Commercial Programs stated, "Having a customer like the NYPD, which uses our products everyday, come back and buy updated models to replace their older fleet is a great testament to the quality of our products and the high level of customer support we provide our products in the field."

The NYPD Aviation Unit is slated to receive these new four-axis helicopters with state of the art avionics and mission specific equipment. Customization will be done by Edwards & Associates, Inc in Bristol, Tennessee.

Jeanette Eaton, Bell's regional sales manager for the Northeast said, "Working with a customer like the NYPD is a real pleasure. Their focus on being able to provide the highest capability to the people living in this region makes us as the manufacturer work doubly hard to meet their standards."