Thread: United/ANA codeshare seating question.

United/ANA codeshare seating question.

I am going to Japan in May and when I purchased my ticket the best deal was through United, but flying with All Nippon Airways. I am very excited to fly with ANA, as I have heard great things about their planes and service. My only concern is that even though I have reserved a window and middle seat in row 33 when I bought the ticket through United, ANA's website shows some of the seats on the plane as being assigned and unavailable, but my seats are still available on their site for someone else to choose. I am nervous that when I show up to check in the day of my flight that ANA is going to relocate me to a non window seat. If anyone has an experiences flying on codeshare flights and/or advice as to how I can make sure I get my window seat to Japan.

Thanks and take care,

Brian

Re: United/ANA codeshare seating question.

Brian,

Not meaning to sound like a tool here, but have you contacted ANA with your concerns? If they are the ultimate opertor of the flight, there should be no reason you cannot talk to someone from there, and have your concerns addressed. If it were me, I wouldn't waste any time in trying to contact them.

John

Josh May would be the guy to talk to about ANA and stuff related to that. He knows how the system works with them. He is our resident ANA guru having worked for them.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think it has been resolved or at least clarified by one United agent. According to Mark, who works at United he told me that United owns a block of seats on ANA's flights to Tokyo, of which ANA cannot access or change those reservations until 24 hours before the flight. I explained to him that the ANA seating map showed that my seats were available and not assigned. He put me on hold and contacted ANA and ANA's agent tried to book a ticket and reserve seats in the seats that had been assigned to me. Supposedly it said those seats were unavailable. I just hope that Mark is right and all will go smoothly the day I travel. I will report back with a travel review after the trip, which is in May.

Thanks and take care,

Brian