Thread: Atlas Air selected by Boeing to operate the Dreamlifter

Atlas Air selected by Boeing to operate the Dreamlifter

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/boeing ... -04?d=nbst

PURCHASE, N.Y., Mar 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --Nine-Year Contract Grows Atlas Air's Outsourced CMI Service Offering

Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. A leading provider of global air cargo assets and outsourced aircraft operating services, announced today that Boeing has selected Atlas Air to provide key supply-chain support for the production of Boeing's all-new commercial jetliner, the 787 Dreamliner.

Beginning toward the latter part of 2010, Atlas Air will operate Boeing's Dreamlifter fleet of four 747-400 aircraft that have been modified to transport major assemblies for the 787 Dreamliner from suppliers around the world to Boeing production facilities in the United States.

Re: Atlas Air selected by Boeing to operate the Dreamlifter

Exciting and big news my friend, a big congrats to all my former colleages at Atlas that will benefit from this news. I assume this means the Atlas fleet will be grow by 4, and more crews will be needed?

Cheers

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

congrats darrell!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Way to go Atlas. Somthing tells me Evergren is not going to miss the mthough. There are a few 744F's on the way to them pretty soon.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    .....I assume this means the Atlas fleet will be grow by 4, and more crews will be needed?

Cheers

LGA777

nope, Boeing owns the aircraft and outsources for operations of their aircraft. Just the same that Evergreen does not own the Dreamlifter, Atlas will use the same aircraft owned by Boeing. The contract was suppose to go to Atlas originally but went with Evergreen when they underbid Atlas. I had been told about this some time ago. :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

FlightBlogger reports the deal is part of compensation 747-8 delays: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fligh ... -part.html
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9