Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wunala Dreaming & FlightAware question.

Wunala Dreaming & FlightAware question.

I have a bit of a newbie question. One of my goals this year is to photograph Wunala Dreaming as it arrives at JFK. I see from these forums that she does come in often, but I'm really not sure of the schedule. What resource does everybody use to track it coming in? I do have my FlightAware alerts set to VH-OEJ arriving at KJFK, and departing KLAX & arriving KJFK, but never no alert. AFR6 works perfectly. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Re: Wunala Dreaming & FlightAware question.

Quote Originally Posted by bobm
    I have a bit of a newbie question. One of my goals this year is to photograph Wunala Dreaming as it arrives at JFK. I see from these forums that she does come in often, but I'm really not sure of the schedule. What resource does everybody use to track it coming in? I do have my FlightAware alerts set to VH-OEJ arriving at KJFK, and departing KLAX & arriving KJFK, but never no alert. AFR6 works perfectly. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    You can't track commercial aircraft on flightaware by aircraft ID. If you were tracking QF107 on flightaware that would work fine.

You need to use some type of acars tracking.

I would check the INBOUND! Incoming Arrivals To Your Local Airports topic in the News and Aircraft Visitor Section. I tend to post when Wunala is inbound.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Great, Thanks Eric.

Often it can merely be someone in LA who sees that it's Wunala, and gives one of the NYers a heads up.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hi Bob,

Could consider becoming a member of Sydney Airport Message Board, posting a message and you would then have 14+ advance hours pre-warning of its arrival.

Here's the link:

http://yssyforum.net/board/index.php

The rests up to you! Im a member and the replies you recieve may help you in your endeavours. :borat:

Cheers Hiflyer.

NLovis

I dont find out till I get into work and look at the board to see whats incomming. Once at work though I have no means of a computer so I cannot post on the forum. If I had a numebr to call I could foward the heads up as to if its Wunala and the ETA. From what has been going on its been either VH-OEI or VH-OEF one day then Wunala VH-OEJ the next day. Seems like they dont send wunala if the weather is bad though. I still havent gotten an answer to if there is a program you can download to track a/c or flights.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Bob, check your inbox sir.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Nick, weather would not dictate an aircraft rotation. It would not make sense. Considering the airplane is halfway around the world from base that would be a bit unrealistic. "Hey, it looks like the ceillings are going to be a touch low at JFK. Lets send her to Singapore today instead......." (Other guy in dispatch) "Sounds good Bret, I'll make a call to the gates and have them pull off all the JFK and LAX pax and stick them on the normal scheme right now.... wouldnt want the JFK spotters to get dissapointed!"
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis

yea yea I know already. Its just how its been. Look at how frequently its comming. Every other day. And when the weather has been calling for snow on a supposed Wunala day? Wunala doesnt show. Think about it.

There is no set "Wunala day." Please understand that premise. It's completely up to dispatchers and aircraft rotation and really is a crap shoot amongst any ship for any fleet.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

NLovis

I know there isnt a Wunala day. Just saying look at how the rotation has been.

The rotation is nothing more than chance. It's got absolutely nothing to do with wx.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    There is no set "Wunala day." Please understand that premise. It's completely up to dispatchers and aircraft rotation and really is a crap shoot amongst any ship for any fleet.
    The one thing however to keep in mind with Qantas's 747 fleet is they only have 6 ER model 747s that are generally dedicated to the Trans Pacific routes so the chances of seeing Wunala at JFK are far greater then lets say seeing BA's "One World" 747.

From my travels out to LAX over the years I've found there's a greater then 40% chance Qantas 107 will be Wunala Dreaming. Also f you don't see her at LAX on day one you're there, you'll see her on day two or 3 for certain.

That's understood but QF doesn't use solely -400ER's on the trans-Pacific runs. More frequently, we're seeing non ER -400's on these routes. Matter of fact, yesterday's QF0107/0108 was operated by VH-OJP, which is a non ER 747-438. Moreover, since QF runs more routes to and from LAX, seeing OEJ is virtually guaranteed when you're there. My point was simply that wx or a set day of the week will not determine which ship runs a certain route.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Hey Kenny, do you want a little moreover to go with that moreover? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"