Page 53 of 114 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Airliners.net and JetPhotos.net Pictures

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Awesome Manny, That Eva is AMAZING !!!!!
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Thanks Kaz... those last three are from The Mounds, 4L departures... not the suggested location but you can't beat the proximity and the angles...

Hang out on a Monday or Tuesday morning, at the mounds, stay in your car... listen to the radio (or just wait to see them pop behind the warehouses) and shoot a few and pop back in your car. Very relaxing actually... and rewarding. From 9:30am to about 1:00pm if they stay on the 4's, you will be nicely rewarded.

Also shooting UP into the sky instead of low from afar gives you a deeper blue sky as opposed to a duller background closer to the horizon!
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Also shooting UP into the sky instead of low from afar gives you a deeper blue sky as opposed to a duller background closer to the horizon!
    Is that how you guys get your skies so blue? I always wondered about that. Nice shots Manny. Always enjoy seeing your A.net and JP.net images.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Just recently got this accepted.
    Mat Czwakiel

Steve... the BLUE in the sky is NOT REALLY THERE :-) sorry to bust your bubble but the sky is transparent... the blue is an illusion LOL. So you as a photographer have to manage it in order to leverage it.

Rayleigh scattering is the name of the phenomenon... or the effect as is sometimes also known. Light from the sun comes in with a full spectrum, but our atmosphere absorbs quite a few of those wavelengths at different levels and by the time it hits your eyes, it looks blue as those wavelengths are in a part of the spectrum that get through more easily... ever wonder why Blu-Ray players use Blue Lasers? Small wavelengths...

Do this, look somewhere near the Sun... NOT AT IT... but near it. The closer you look near the sun, the whiter the light... angles at 90 degress off axis tend to yield the deepest blues. So sun at your back, 45 degrees up angle and you have beautiful deep blue skies.

One tool is the polarizer. This little baby will filter those photons coming into your camera and disallow any coming in from differnet angles of incidence, so you essentially see less diffuse photons and more directed photons. Also remember in digital SLRs with AutoFocus sensors depending on the linearity of beam splitters, will NOT work with LINEAR polarizers and only with Circular polarizers.

Technically, they achieve a similar effect on film/sensor, but one will destroy your AF capabilities while the other will not affect it.
    Manny Gonzalez

Thanks for the science lesson Manny I know what you're saying. I do thank you for giving the in depth technical explanation of how different angles effect the light entering the camera lens thus making different "illusions" with the color of the sky.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by nssd70 View Post

Doug
    Nice shot Doug... wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Thanks for the science lesson Manny I know what you're saying. I do thank you for giving the in depth technical explanation of how different angles effect the light entering the camera lens thus making different "illusions" with the color of the sky.
    Steve, and everyone else. My reason for being totally anal and overly descriptive is that many many more people read these forums, some are not even members. I always think about the entire audience, not just the usual suspects
    Manny Gonzalez

Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Steve, and everyone else. My reason for being totally anal and overly descriptive is that many many more people read these forums, some are not even members. I always think about the entire audience, not just the usual suspects
    I know Manny. I was just in one of those moods last night where I had to be a wise ass. I actually do enjoy reading your totally anal and overly descriptive posts on here
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

I love triple 7's just touching down!
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA