Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most Desired...

Re: Most Desired...

Mario,
    Yes those 707s are very loud. I had that experience when I shot the Angola 707 in 2008 at JFK. I been that close to a moving 707. I had a ear ache for several minutes after it taxied past me.
    Senga

They do have a very high pitched whine to them. When they are taxiing it kills. But there is nothing like the sound and feel of one on the roll and climbing out. When a 707 or JT3 powered DC-8 lumbers out of JFK depending on the runway my home rattles here in Long Beach as it gets close. I love it. It beats these butterfly 340's anyday. I am also a big fan of the 747 and 767 with that pernounced buzzsaw sound as it climbs out. It seems to be much more audiable in the summer time for some reason as all the TATL birds lumber down the shoreline. Makes for a relaxing evening while sipping a Gin and Tonic watching the wave break.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis

Yup cant beat the 747, 707, DC-9, MD-80 Loved seeing it take off at ISP that was really sweet

Right now I would like to get Wunala Dreaming & VC-25A. :D

Well, I might as well keep the list to what is possible, so seeing as how I'm planning a trip to Prague in the late summer I can cross off Prague and the A380 off the list ( as well as the 777-300ER, god bless you AF!!) I would not mind gettin my arse on a Q400 either....But the all time winner for me is a TWA L-1049G to anywhere.....

NLovis

Just to get out of here. I got cabin fever :(

Quote Originally Posted by bobm
    Right now I would like to get Wunala Dreaming & VC-25A. :D
    Done :D

Today at the mounds:

May 13th from Firestone.

Lots of nice advice here!

Thanks