Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Desired...

Re: Most Desired...

I have never been on a 747 and it greatly upsets me :(

Desired aircraft: 747-400, A380, MD11, Bombardier Q400.

NLovis

Most desired a/c: Wunala Dreaming :borat:

Jennifer, the 747-400 is a great aircraft to travel on. The 747 in general is actually. If you fly on the upper deck on the 744 the view is spectacular. A little wing, a little air. LOL When you are in that area of the cabin you can actually gain the sense of how big the machine you are on is. You can feel it. It is impressive. I have been able to notch the 741/742/744 under my belt. No 743 unfortuneately but I have the 742 and 744 so I can almost count it LOL.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

NLovis

Well sadly I have never flown on this beautiful wonder of the sky but I can say i've been on the entire 747 line. 747-100 -200 -300 and -400 :borat:

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Jennifer, the 747-400 is a great aircraft to travel on.
    It sounds it, and looks it! It's such a beautiful aircraft but I'm dying to know what it's like on the inside.

On a holiday to Canada late last year, I was hoping for a flight on a 747 but it was an A330. At first I thought the A330 was pretty big, but then I found myself staring at an A380 out of the airport window! Gotta love Pearson.

The airline experience could be quite different I guess, but as far as aircraft types go, most planes I've been on felt about the same to me. A wider business class seat might be slightly nicer but other than that, a plane ride is a plane ride. Airport/destination and most importantly the view from outside is what made all the difference to me.

Never flown one but I got to go inside a 747-300 on an airport open house once, and it's scary impressive how high you already are when looking out the windows on the upper deck. It was a combi version, weird to see the rear half of the plane with a safety net and cargo.

I can't remember since it was many years ago, but how do they divide the cargo from the passanger cabin? There must have been a bulkhead with a door open so we could look at the back. I'm guessing on a passenger flight, peeking into the rear cargo area would not be possible.

... But a flight with turbulence is more fun!

TWA L1649 IDL-FCO
    BOAC B377 IDL-Bermuda
    PAA 707 JFK-Heathrow
    New york Airways BV107 PanAm building -JFK
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Jennifer, the 747-400 is a great aircraft to travel on. The 747 in general is actually. If you fly on the upper deck on the 744 the view is spectacular. A little wing, a little air. LOL When you are in that area of the cabin you can actually gain the sense of how big the machine you are on is. You can feel it. It is impressive. I have been able to notch the 741/742/744 under my belt. No 743 unfortuneately but I have the 742 and 744 so I can almost count it LOL.
    I've been on the Alitalia 747-143,British airways 747-200(hybrid scheme when transitioning from BOAC),and a UAL 747-200 back in '91 ,no 300,or 400,and I would love to fly the -8.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

NLovis

Hell yea. 747 forever. Those new engines look good on the 747 as well.

The Boeing 707 of course.
    I have been on P&WC's C-FETB B720 and Lowa's N88ZL B703 but not one airborne.
    I am surprised more people didn't list the 707. No Airliner ever sounded better than the 707 during take off. Just listen to those engines. I love how the intake open white and the engines throttle up.
    My others are:
    IL-62
    DC-8
    Props
    L-188
    IL-18
    IAF #264 B703 (I shot it landing in July 2009 at KDOV)

hey Senga, if that was loud from the inside, imagine hearing the plane from the outside :borat: Spotting Heaven!

Your post also reminded me how the only flight I can really say it was "different" and downright awesome was on the IL-18, not to brag. I almost had forgotten about it! Maybe because after that everything else seems boring.

Wait a second... I AM bragging! :lol:

Besides the 707, the Caravelle and the supersonic Tu-144 would've been something!

I changed my mind, there really IS a difference in what plane you're getting on

Now to brag some more, just remembered I've been inside of a Shorts 360 LOL It was on the ground, but feels more like you're inside a bus -square fuselage & huge square windows. Must have been fun to fly as pax on that thing.

LHR-JFK on a BA A380
    Best Regards

Alexander Johnsson
    [email protected]
    Halmstad, Sweden

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by alle_jswe
    LHR-JFK on a BA A380
    Not happening anytime soon buddy.
    1. No plans for it