Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayswater to Close April 1st (UPDATE: OPEN AGAIN)

Re: Bayswater to Close April 1st

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    JONES BEACHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHATTTTTTTTTTT! :shock:
    They're not closing Jones Beach, just canceling the annual 4th of July fireworks.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    JONES BEACHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHATTTTTTTTTTT! :shock:
    They're not closing Jones Beach, just canceling the annual 4th of July fireworks.
    i know but still WHATTTTTTTTTT :mrgreen:

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Unreal, now we will not be getting our tax refund checks in a timely manner because NY is out of money? My God will Paterson go down as one of the worst people to ever call himself a politician. I am embarrassed and ashamed to say I live in the state of NY. I don't get surprised when I see a state like California in this shape but NY should have never gotten to this point. It really is sad.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Paterson is a mess but he did not run the State into fiscal catastrophe. What's he going to do, print dollars? Maybe Ravitch can borrow more and postpone doomsday since the unions are too strong, the politicians too weak and the public too unreasonable...

Pataki (D'amato) was at the helm for a long time and before that Cuomo (king of the 1 shot sell off deals) and now the Democrats want his son to be the governor... Shelly Silver runs New York State. (and Joe Bruno is off to jail, or already there??)

The cuts are going to come from someplace and since nearly everything is a protected interest or entitlement.......

Of course we do have over a 100 military bases on foreign soil (if not several times that) at the moment, and I suppose Goldman Sachs is doing well... don't worry, be happy... :D

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

NYS has always been a mess economically. For some reason they (along with NYC) love to give huge tax breaks to developers and spend tons of money on useless and not-so-long-lasting projects. I remember when Pres. Ford told us (NYC) to go F ourselves on a bail out. Can anyone blame him?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    The Bayswater Park Closing gave NYCAviation an unexpected mention in the Queens Chronicle today.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 4908&rfi=6
    HEY! That's me and my nephew in that photo. I gave the Press guy the NYC Aviation website address so he could lookup the airliner following and passion that we all share.

Well I guess today was the last day. Remains to be seen if they actually lock the place or just stop maintaining it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/que ... cal/queens
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I was going to ask - are they going to actually lock it up? or what?
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

No idea. I'm going to visit tomorrow afternoon after work to have a look.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Very bad news. Is the park really closed now?

I will arrive in NY for spotting tomorrow from Germany. Is there another opportunity to take pictures when runway 4 is in use?

PLEASE DO SOMETHING !!!! :((

Don't close the gate.... let us use the Bayswater !!

Living The Dream...

I present you all with what I hope is good news that will continue. I took these 90 minutes ago...

It lives! And there were a lot of people in there today...just no spotters. I hope it is left open as such.

(wear your boots...very muddy!)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

NLovis

Re: Bayswater to Close April 1st (UPDATE!)

Very good. I hope to have 400mm within the next month and I plan to make that a top stop. :borat:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I present you all with what I hope is good news that will continue. I took these 90 minutes ago...

It lives! And there were a lot of people in there today...just no spotters. I hope it is left open as such.

(wear your boots...very muddy!)
    Wow, from the look of these pictures if this was being "Maintained" then the state was being ripped off. What
    a dump. Great for spotting but seriously, it looks like the workers were calling it in.