Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayswater to Close April 1st (UPDATE: OPEN AGAIN)

Re: Bayswater to Close April 1st

The state does not own many parks within the city, but the mayor has previously offered to take over other state parks, i.e. Fulton Ferry State Park in Brooklyn. Maybe they could do it with Bayswater.

Probably 90% of the maintenance cost is opening and closing the gate every day. Other than that, the park doesn't have any bathrooms or anything to maintain, only a couple of trash cans to empty. Trim the grass once a week (there isn't all that much of it) and pick up some trash.

I'm going to look up some folks to contact and see what we can do.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Some new facts about the closures, which would affect over 50 facilities across the state. What a joke:

— Would save only $6.3 million overall, about 7/10ths of 1 percent of the state's $8.2 billion budget gap.
    — Would likely reduce tourism tax revenue by more than that.
    — Just a half hour after the parks news, state officials announced $7.7 million in taxpayer-funded grants to help private developers and companies renovate buildings, buy equipment and build apartments.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I'm going to play Mr. Conspiracy Theory and say that spotters are probably a main reason for the closure under the guise of budget cuts. I don't think the City taking over would help any either. Oh well. There's always the Inwood Country Club. Can anyone loan me $8,000.00?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild
    I'm going to play Mr. Conspiracy Theory and say that spotters are probably a main reason for the closure under the guise of budget cuts.
    How does your theory fit into the reports that they are looking at multiple park closures, most of which have no connection to spotting? I really doubt this has anything to do with spotting activity.

NLovis

Rats. I was looking foward to spotting from there during the summer when I had my range finally

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    I'm going to play Mr. Conspiracy Theory and say that spotters are probably a main reason for the closure under the guise of budget cuts.
    How does your theory fit into the reports that they are looking at multiple park closures, most of which have no connection to spotting? I really doubt this has anything to do with spotting activity.
    I said a main reason. Not the reason. You can't deny that NY/NJPA would love to see Bayswater off-limits. They already succeeded in making a perimeter around the airport off limits to boats. And this is supposedly in a public waterway. What other parks are being closed? Are they also in the City, or upstate and/or LI?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

I bet you Al Roker is behind this. Someone get on the line with Ann Curry, and tell her that her favorite spotting area is being closed! :)
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I can't see why this can be one of the parks that is just left open and not maintained though that grass will get high and the spotter tick will leave the mounds to go there.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Anyone intrested in pooling funds for a lawnmower to keep a track open? Might have room someplace in the office on Burnside someplace to store it! :borat: :lol:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I said a main reason. Not the reason. You can't deny that NY/NJPA would love to see Bayswater off-limits. They already succeeded in making a perimeter around the airport off limits to boats. And this is supposedly in a public waterway. What other parks are being closed? Are they also in the City, or upstate and/or LI?
    How close (or far off) can one be on a boat to the airport boundary?

The irony is, while they go this far to make it harder to watch planes closely, the Islamo-crazies are still running around free (like the Muslim guy they finally arrested the other day involved in trying to bomb the subway). The places where these guys are indoctrinated REMAIN OPEN, parks are closed, and something as simple as watching planes has become a hassle nowadays.

NLovis

I know what you mean. Well the only thing we can do is try to talk to these ppl and convince them to leave it open. Maby telling them we can partally maintain it might convince them :borat:

I said a main reason. Not the reason. You can't deny that NY/NJPA would love to see Bayswater off-limits.

More for Homeland Security reasons I would believe than Spotting actvities.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    I said a main reason. Not the reason. You can't deny that NY/NJPA would love to see Bayswater off-limits.

More for Homeland Security reasons I would believe than Spotting actvities.
    Well we cant let them now can we?

Imagine a boat full of spotters. Wonder how long that'd last :lol: Wonder if it was even possible to watch aircraft or get pictures from a boat there before 9/11

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

These guys lasted for a while that morning!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]