Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Hurricane to Hit Northeast Thursday-Friday

Snow Hurricane to Hit Northeast Thursday-Friday

A powerful storm of historical proportions is aiming at much of the Northeast Thursday into Friday and will follow up to a foot and a half of snow through Wednesday over upstate New York and western New England.

This second storm will be nothing short of a monster. Even in light of the blizzards earlier this winter that targeted the southern mid-Atlantic, this may be the one that people remember the most this winter in parts of New England and the northern mid-Atlantic.

At its peak, the storm will deliver near hurricane-force wind gusts (74 mph) blinding snow falling at the rate of over an inch per hour. For some people in upstate New York and eastern and northern Pennsylvania, this may seem more like a "snow hurricane" rather than a blizzard.
    http://www.accuweather.com/regional-new ... eastusnews
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: Snow Hurricane to Hit Northeast Thursday-Friday

It can snow 4 feet now. I'm not there
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    It can snow 4 feet now. I'm not there
    But you're rushing back for it right Nick?? :lol:
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

This winter has been terrible for the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

C'mon! I'm so tired of shoveling man!

The first blizzard in December, I wake up early and start shoveling the 4 car driveway so my little old lady landlord doesn't have to do it. I get 3/4's done and she comes out and says, "Looks good, why didn't you use the snowblower?"

FML.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I have a noon flight on Thursday....crossing my fingers it hits after I leave.

BRING IT ON!!!! I want 8 feet!!! MOTHER NATURE YOU PANZYA$$!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i sure hope we get more snow, my 4-wheel-drive works once again.

forecast from NOAA, for my area of northern brooklyn:
    Wednesday: Periods of light rain. High near 40. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Occasional rain and snow. Low around 36. North wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thursday: Snow. High near 36. Breezy, with a north wind 10 to 13 mph increasing to between 21 and 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 27. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

RATS!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Ryan are you here or up there ? This I don't miss at all. I'm tired of all this cold air here. Looks like March is looking like a monster of a month for everyone on the east coast.

Well my flight was cancelled tomorrow so now I'll attempt to leave at 9am on Flight 1 vs. at noon. Oh I have a feeling tomorrow might be an interesting day of travel.

I am up in NY. I was supposed to be down there but had to be in NY for somthing yesterday. :( I am not going to be in New York as it stands much most of March anyway. I come back the 8th and than I am gone that weekend for three days and than from there I am looking to leave for Florida Wednesday morning and come back the following Monday as it stands. I generally don't have a solid plan though till usually like 10PM the night before I leave. LOL
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

But you're rushing back for it right Nick??
    If I have my way you won't see me till July lolol

Well my flight was cancelled tomorrow so now I'll attempt to leave at 9am on Flight 1 vs. at noon. Oh I have a feeling tomorrow might be an interesting day of travel.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I think you should be fine at 9. From what I've heard the snow won't stick until the afternoon.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I think you should be fine at 9. From what I've heard the snow won't stick until the afternoon.
    Hello from over Utah. We got out ontime and off the ground rather quickly. Not sure how the airlines decide with flights to cancel and which ones not to cancel. AA cancelled their 7:45am flight due to weather but the 9:00 and 10:45 flights went out...makes no sense but I'm all comfy at 36,000 feet with a few rounds in me :)