Thread: Sunday Morn at TPA

Sunday Morn at TPA

Would anyone know what happened if anything at Tampa yesterday morning ??? I was driving home and saw a very LGA scenario. There were 14 aircraft lineD up on the taxiway awaiting clearance to depart with an American Mad Dog in position getting ready for takeoff . Never since being here have I seen TPA this way. The most in line I have ever seen has been 3. I dont think it was weather realted. Radar outage maybe ???

Re: Sunday Morn at TPA

Could it just have been a busy day?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I know you are a weather enthusist, was their any significant weather to the north, even say as far north as south Georgia? I ask as this could easily cause a stop on departures going north from TPA which would account for a sizeable amount of TPA's overall departures.

As a former frequent TPA spotter and even having worked their almost 20 years ago, the amount of traffic was similar in number, and I can't ever remember seeing 14 aircraft in line at once, maybe not even 10 !

Regards

LGA777

I agree with Ron. The ONLY time I have ever seen that is when they were resurfacing 36L/18R a few years ago. Otherwise only weather causing chokepoints.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

They were on a South Op's so 18l/36r wasnt used since that is a noise sensitive procedure that they dont use that one as they were using 18r as the takeoff runway. Could have been weather, wasn't there a system through there yesterday ? I wasn't paying attention to my weather stuff yesterday. Was very strange to see that and aircraft lined 3/4 of the way down the taxiways. I know we aren't that busy of an airport to have seen that.

Thanks
    Mike