Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firestone 2/20/10

Re: Firestone 2/20/10

Very interesting encounter especially for me since I am considering taking the PAPD test. What makes it interesting is the call from Washington DC and vin numbers?! Correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember ever hearing about vin numbers being recorded.

What makes it interesting is the call from Washington DC and vin numbers?! Correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember ever hearing about vin numbers being recorded.[/quote]

Could all be their playing head games to scare the "losers" who spot and take pictures of airplanes.
    If that's the case then they truly are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by fdx924
    I you were there you would have seen them driving into us like they were about to solve the crime of the century. For being PAPD det. they are unaware that there is a world outside their bubble.Could not understand what people were telling them.Even when Nassau PD came over to see who they were , and told them this is normal occurrence they were still baffled. I think the best line was that Nassau PD did not check in with them about us being there. And why would they not involve Nassau PD before responding to see if they are aware of people taking photos in that area. After all it's Nassau PD jurisdiction.
    As for them being friendly at the end , as fake as it's going to get.
    Nassau PD on the other hand no problem at all.
    PAPD have full Police authority in both NJ, and NY-they are also trained EMT's-FYI. I was a candidate back in 2006/2007 for the academy, and made it pretty far in the process. I always thought it would have been neat to be an aviation enthusiast, on that force.

I cannot get detailed here but I can say that PAPD particularly at JFK is VERY aware of us and supportive from a distance. They still have a job to do guys and you just never know. So to get tippity toppity is just obsurd. They didnt violate rights and last time there was an issue they were very helpful in resolving it. A cop had the ordacity to do their job. Womp womp.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Cops can make up any reason they want to stop and interrogate(but not search) you. I'm sure there was no "call from Washington"- this sounds ridiculous. I would have played dumb and been like "you mean the PRESIDENT asked you to meet me? Wow! What size enlargments does he want?"

Every single time I have been approached, I continue taking pictures and say things like "Wow! Check out the beautiful special paint on that British Airways!" while they're standing there to further solidify the impression I'm making as an enthused plane spotter. I also have made business cards that I hand to them the instant the window is rolled down. Very quickly, they go away.