Thread: No One In Charge of NY, Gov Paterson Literally Doing Nothing

No One In Charge of NY, Gov Paterson Literally Doing Nothing

Finally, the long-rumored explosive expose of Gov. Paterson's shenanigans in Albany on the cover of today's NY Times:
    As Campaign Nears, Paterson Is Seen as Increasingly Remote
    Published: February 19, 2010

This article was reported by Danny Hakim, Serge F. Kovaleski and Nicholas Confessore and written by Mr. Hakim.

When a plane crashed outside Buffalo about 10:20 on a Thursday evening last year, killing 50 people, aides to Gov. David A. Paterson of New York could not find him for more than three hours, and it was nearly five hours before his office released any statement about what was the deadliest air disaster in the nation since 2001. Mr. Paterson later had difficulty explaining the delay and suggested that when trying to reach him an aide had been calling the wrong telephone.

Last summer, as some advisers warned him that he needed to travel around the state to shore up his poll numbers, Mr. Paterson spent long stretches in the Hamptons, relaxing with friends and mingling with wealthy donors and celebrities.

And last month, with the state facing a deadline to apply for $700 million in federal education aid, the governor waited until the last minute to try to bring lawmakers together to agree on a plan. His efforts failed, leaving the application in doubt. [Full Article]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: No One In Charge of NY, Gov Paterson Literally Doing Nothing

I coulda told you that.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hookers and blow..... That is my bet. $100 dollars on it anyone?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Reading through this my stomach is turning. This man is a disgrace not only to New York but to this nation. He's abused his seat in Gov't for his own personal gains and has left New York in one of the worst spots we've seen in years. I can only hope a deeper investigation leads to criminal charges brought against him.

I am on board with Tommy. I am sure knowing his previously colorful background which has been talked about in the media there has got to be a few things. I saw pictures from his event here on the island to kick off his reelection and is was baron(As expected). No one is behind this guy. Or at least very few.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

He knows he can't win...latest poll has him like 45% behind Cuomo. Might as well milk some gullible donors for a few million while you have the chance.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Thank you Elliot Spitzer.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

at least he's not sleeping around.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.